Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a part of your life, you wish you could change?

No, I woudn't be me and maybe I wouldn't like the changed person.

Honored Contributor

I have no regrets, It's not that I didn't make mistakes, I did, one whopper.  The thing is I did what I thought was best  or easiest at the time. I've learned from those mistakes, that doesn't mean I won't make more, but I do my best.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I wish my parents had never divorced...

Our family fell apart and my life fell apart at the age of 11.  Never made up for lost time... it has affected me my entire life. Never really finding joy in anything... having a hard time to show love or accept love.  Lost connections with my family the last 20 years.. and never made up with my parents who are both gone. I have no connections with my two older sisters.... I shove everything inside deep... and go forward where people think I am just fine. But in reality I am not happy and never find joy in anything. I am a survivor and I am sure that what I went through prepared me to make it well in the world. But, I always wonder how my life might have been it  my family was not so disfuctional and found my true passion in life.   So many years lost. 

Wow, I can't imagine a life without joy and happiness. Getting from day to day must be miserable, you should have dealt with this years ago. I hope you have a job and friends that you like.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I wish I had never married - I just don't have the personality for it, and at least I know that know - just wish I knew it then. 

It truly surprised me that it was not mean't for me either.  I just did not like being married.  But got a great son and granddaughter out of the deal so it was a success in that regards.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I wish we could have had more children. It just didn't happen for us.

I'm blessed with 2, but would  have liked more

@cherry

Overall life, no. Would surprise me if anyone, with many decades behind them, doesn't a have a part of their life they would not want to give a little tweak. 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

No, not at all. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

Every mistake, choice, challenge and succces made me who I am today.  If I do not like who I am or what I have done, I can change it.  I feel dwelling with could of, would of, should of thoughts not very productive.  I want to look forward not backwards.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

I would not want to change anything in my life as far as events, decisions, outcomes; I would've just liked to have remembered more about the older relatives I met when I was young. 

Valued Contributor

Regret that I did not join the Army, as a nurse, instead of getting married in 1967

Honored Contributor

If I had changed anything (good or bad), I might not be where I am today, which is right where I want to be!