Respected Contributor

Re: Is there a moderator on here now?????

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I've noticed the problem too, so what I do is after I'm sent to my order page instead of the forums, I just scroll down and click on "Blogs and Forums, " and I'm in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same here. It's an extra step and mildly annoying, but in the big scheme of things nothing that spoils my day.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll add what I posted on another thread a couple of days ago.   I think this ongoing technical problem is much more serious than some realize.    By taking us to the shopping area to log in, even though we wanted to be only in the community forums, the security of our personal info (in the shopping site) is compromised in my opinion.  

The shopping area is supposed to be more secure than the forums because it's directly linked to our personal and financial information (an https site as opposed to the Community's less-secure http).    In the past, the access to the 2 areas was carefully kept separate -- now it isn't.   This new redirect causes us to be signed into both our shopping account and our posting account.   

Also, for both areas, when I use Firefox or Chrome, the browser indicates the connection is not secure (this refers to a QVC website problem -- not our internet provider).   Several of us reported the connection issue on a Customer Care thread in December and the problem never has been addressed or corrected.

Example:

image.jpeg Firefox security alert 1

A long time ago I removed my personal and financial info from the website, and when I add it back to make a purchase I remove it again after everything has cleared.     This site needs serious attention...  but frankly I don't think anything substantial will be done.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo I too have recently commented on the dubious state of security on the website. It is more apparent recently, so it's a little difficult to determine if this was always the case and recently unearthed, or new because of changes to code opening up windows of vulnerability.

Honored Contributor

skuggles wrote:

@dooBdoo I too have recently commented on the dubious state of security on the website. It is more apparent recently, so it's a little difficult to determine if this was always the case and recently unearthed, or new because of changes to code opening up windows of vulnerability.

@skuggles,  I agree...   I first became seriously concerned when the website began inserting other people's email addresses when we tried to sign in (I think many posters remember that big mess).    I've been wary since then.   

(@Beth-QVC, @Barbara-QVC, @Eva-QVC)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I'll add what I posted on another thread a couple of days ago.   I think this ongoing technical problem is much more serious than some realize.    By taking us to the shopping area to log in, even though we wanted to be only in the community forums, the security of our personal info (in the shopping site) is compromised in my opinion.  

The shopping area is supposed to be more secure than the forums because it's directly linked to our personal and financial information (an https site as opposed to the Community's less-secure http).    In the past, the access to the 2 areas was carefully kept separate -- now it isn't.   This new redirect causes us to be signed into both our shopping account and our posting account.   

Also, for both areas, when I use Firefox or Chrome, the browser indicates the connection is not secure (this refers to a QVC website problem -- not our internet provider).   Several of us reported the connection issue on a Customer Care thread in December and the problem never has been addressed or corrected.

Example:

image.jpeg Firefox security alert 1

A long time ago I removed my personal and financial info from the website, and when I add it back to make a purchase I remove it again after everything has cleared.     This site needs serious attention...  but frankly I don't think anything substantial will be done.

@dooBdoo

I was wondering about security issues also. Thank you for answering, what I was questioning also

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo I just checked and found that my connection site here is also not secure, even when I check my personal account and purchases.  That is really frightening and I wonder why they aren't or can't work on correcting this.  Thanks for pointing that out.  Think I won't play or buy anything here until they can fix this.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

RoughDraft wrote:

@dooBdoo I just checked and found that my connection site here is also not secure, even when I check my personal account and purchases.  That is really frightening and I wonder why they aren't or can't work on correcting this.  Thanks for pointing that out.  Think I won't play or buy anything here until they can fix this.

You're welcome, @RoughDraft.   It has happened in the past -- years ago -- and it was corrected quickly.    This time around, some of us noticed in December, we reported it, and it never was corrected.    That is a serious lapse of judgment by QVC Corporate, in my opinion.    But, then, for some reason their website has always been substandard and it doesn't appear to be important to them.    Very, very odd and worrisome, in my opinion.