Trusted Contributor

Re: Is there a limit on how many Easy Pays you can have on one card?

FYI: As per ShopHQ ( who does us Synchrony Bank), it CAN limit you to the number of Easy Pays (Value pay with ShopH). Doesn't matter if you pay your CC off each month or how long you've been a customer or your limit, the bank CAN limit OR stop you from making the purchase.

DH and I found this out regarding a few purchases over the past 2 weeks. He opened a card just to get the special extra discount on the sale price. He purchased it on Value Pay and instantly he received an email informing him that this was the ONLY Value pay purchase he can make until it's paid off.

I always do Value Pay. Pay off the amount each month. I've had as many as 12 due to Isomers/auto-replacement, etc. Never an issue. Used my card (zero balance and zero Value Payments as I chose to wait until the holidays to do some shopping and ship direct). Purchased 4 items and BAM...received the same email. Contacted SHopHQ CS, spoke to credit services, the supervisor of credit services and the supervisor of customer service...ALL said that Synchrony makes the calls now regarding how many Value pays a customer can have.

I haven't ordered anything from QVC on Easy Pay but I wonder if it comes from the bank, why wouldn't they have the same policy?

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

I think QVC will be happy to take you for all your worth and if offering easy pay gets one to buy more, I doubt they'd limit it unless you are delinquent in the past and then I think they will remove easy pay as an option, though I'm not 100% sure on that since I'm rarely buy anything here. 

Respected Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee   Interesting topic.  I use easy pay here sometimes.  I have an online PayPal credit line and a PayPal account tied to my credit union debit card and to my checking account.  I get to choose what to use at the time of initiating a pay method via PayPal on an order from a merchant.

Haven't had any problems with easy pay limits, but I don't use it for every order.

Seldom return things--not once in about seven years--but PayPal  will cover the cost of X number of return per year which is great to have available, just in case.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Trusted Contributor

@aroc3435 To my knowledge, ShopHQ ONLY allows Value Pay with THEIR CC. QVC will allow you to use any CC for Value Pays (though a QVC CC may get a few extra payments, not sure). For that reason, it kinda stinks that the CC determines whether you can use Value Pay or not. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"