Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a full moon today?

Things are looking up. I fixed the answering machine!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

If not, there should be.  If you don’t like long posts, please feel free to pass this one on by. 

This has been the most bizarre day, at every turn. Every single thing just about has been bizarre. One of those days where you just want to throw the phone out the window, crawl into bed and pull the covers over your head and hope Morning will come soon. 

Nothing bad or tragic, but just weird stuff. 

It started right out of the gate this morning when I tried to check my email on the computer. 5:30 AM. Email wouldn’t load. Ok....tried to pull it up on the phone. Same thing. Didn’t have time to fool with it then as I had an early doctor appt to schedule knee surgery. 

I went to the surgeon. No problems there, other than they confirmed that it’s time for surgery.  I didn’t know the exact date, but they told me it would be one of three dates.  Sigh. I got home and called my primary doctor to ask if I’d be able to get in for any pre surgery stuff. And....she told me that my doctor is retiring. TODAY. And no, they didn’t bother to send out letters to patients. She’d try to squeeze me in with one of the other doctors to help me out, but that since the other doctors are more specialized, it’s a one time courtesy thing. That they’ll do that but I need to find another internist going forward. So she made the appt. 

When the surgeon called me back with the actual date, she said they’d do the pre op stuff so I don’t need to see my doctor. That’s great. So I called back to cancel my appt and the scheduler hadn’t even put it in the system so there was nothing to cancel!  Unbelievable. What if I’d shown up at the appt time?  And I couldn’t talk to the scheduler as she was in the back, eating retirement cake with the doctor. 

In the middle of all that, I spent 45 minutes on the phone with AT&T figuring out the email problem. It’s working now. They have no idea why it wasn’t. 

Then I called to find a new internist and they’re emailing new patient forms for me and my husband. 

Then we went to lunch. I was due a few freebies and the offer expires tomorrow and when we got to the restaurant, their app wouldn’t open so I couldn’t show them the coupon code. They couldn’t have cared less. Same thing for the man behind us in line. We still ate there, but so much for the freebies, LOL. 

Then we came home and for some reason, our answering machine is no longer picking up when it should. I guess it got tired, LOL. 

And then I was walking by the front door and could see a small gap.  The weather stripping or something had shrunk, I guess because it’s cold, so my husband had to drop everything and fix that. 

Then, the surgeons office called again to lay out my financial obligation for my surgery. Fine, I’ll pay it when I come in for the pre op. And you’ll owe for the surgery center. Did I want their phone number to call and see how much that would be. No. I’ll pay them when they ask for it.  I mean, there is no other option. It’s the beginning of the year. I won’t have met my deductible. Of course I’ll need to pay. 

And then, finally, my iPad is acting up a little, no sounds when texting. 

Nothing major on any any of this, but just a really bizarre day. Bay at the moon kind of stuff. 

Last night I told my husband that I hoped it would be a quiet day, after my early doctor appointment. So much for that. 

Mercury is in retrograde, and has been in retrograde, the entire month of December. Mercury will come out of retrograde on January 10th. When Mercury goes retrograde communication is effected primarily. Lots of miscommunications and misunderstandings. A good time to check and re-check all communications several times

If you are having surgery or buying a house (for example) it is always a good idea to check the Mercury Retrograde calendar on the internet so you can schedule around it (or at least be prepared). for problems. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh,

Good luck with your knee replacement,

http://caccioppoli.com/Animated%20gifs/Giraffe/0057.gif

Honored Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

@gidgetgh,

Good luck with your knee replacement,

http://caccioppoli.com/Animated%20gifs/Giraffe/0057.gif

@meallen616- fortunately "just" torn meniscus.  No replacement thankfully.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?