Honored Contributor

Is there a favorite movie villian you love to watch?

Mine is Mrs Danverse from Rebecca. She was coldly elegant, prim and proper. Her voice gave me shivers.I  could just see her convince the heroine, that oddly, didn't have a name to jump from the window, of Manderly

Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a favorite movie villian you love to watch?

[ Edited ]

vito corleone and michael corleone......actually the entire corleone family. maybe not your traditional villain, but definitely did things that were villainous!!!!

also, veda from mildred pierce....what a NASTY evil girl!!!

love both of these movies!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

vito corleone and michael corleone......actually the entire corleone family. maybe not your traditional villain, but definitely did things that were villainous!!!!

I cannot begin to count how many times I've seen The Godfather Sagas and each and every time I promise myself, I will not see Michael as a hero. Somehow I always do and end up feeling Kay is the meanie in their marriage.  Go figure?

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

I cannot begin to count how many times I've seen The Godfather Sagas and each and every time I promise myself, I will not see Michael as a hero. Somehow I always do and end up feeling Kay is the meanie in their marriage.  Go figure?

Michael should have lived  to the end of his days ,with the wife that got blown up. Kay was never his match, or his true love

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

Michael should have lived  to the end of his days ,with the wife that got blown up. Kay was never his match, or his true love

going to disagree with you cherry! i think that kay was his true love. while he loved and was attracted to apollonia, he married her because she was a good fit for "the family" and it would have pleased his father in particular. otherwise, he needed the spark and the juxtaposition that kay provided. there was just no way she could  approve of the family business and there was just no way that he could handle a wife that could not accept what the family did.

while godfather 3 was the worst of the trilogy, even michael and kay knew that they were STILL in love and always would be......after all of those years that passed. for some reason i never get tired of watching the godfather trilogy. it seems like each time i see something new in the movie that makes me want to watch it again.

havent seen the movie REBECCA, but i will definitely put it on my must see list!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Oh my, so many! You are right on with Mrs. Danvers! How about Edwrd G. Robinson in Key Largo? Fun topic!!
Regular Contributor

Hi Cherry, Rebecca is one of my all time fave movie agree about Mrs Danvers, also another one is Vita from Mildred Pierce she was evil.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost

Respected Contributor

I don't have a favorite villian.  I do not make villians a hero.

Valued Contributor

Gollum from "The Lord of the Rings" trilogies. I want him to change for the better throughout the movies, but in the end if it weren't for Gollum the ring might not have been destroyed.
Honored Contributor

Another vote for Vito and Michael.HeartHeart

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson