Re: Is there a chore you LOATHE doing?

The toilet!

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Valued Contributor

mopping!

Esteemed Contributor

I hate grocery shopping. (I dont really like shopping at all, I guess Im in the minority there, as a woman. lol). My husband and I go grocery shopping together because I cant lift more than a half gallon of drinks due to my back issues. He pokes around in the store and I try to rush him  to get out. lol. Other than that I loved cleaning my entire life, but now i do the light cleaning and he does the heavy stuff again because of my back. But I am clean freak. Our home is rarely messy at all.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

That is a tough question since it is so hard to narrow it down to one.  The older I get the more I hate all of it.  Cooking is at the top of my list and part of cooking is shopping for stuff to cook.  You have to buy the food, load it in the cart, in the car, in the house, put it away.  Then you have to spend a while preparing and cooking it to eat and then clean up.  All that and it takes me maybe 15 minutes to eat it. 

Respected Contributor

Floors are second on my list.....

Valued Contributor

I hate dusting

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  Try grocery delivery service. 

Best money I ever spent!

I'm retired and work very parttime in Customer Service at a grocery store.  I hate grocery shopping (and vacuuming).  The chain I work for offers online shopping and it can be picked up at one of the stores or have it delivered home.  I order online and pick it up at the end of a shift.  A lot of people order online and pick up on the way home from work or after kids' activiteis.  It's so easy this way!  

Honored Contributor

There are many!  My front door is upstairs so getting the groceries in the house is the worst!  Dusting, would love to have the ducts cleaned.  Bathing the dogs and getting them to the vet's office.  Cleaning the potty really stinks too!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Grocery shopping and dusting are not favorites but detest cleaning the   baseboards.

Respected Contributor

Now that I live in an apartment, cleaning is a lot easier. But I still hate to dust, and clean the bathroom. I also don't have to worry about mowing the lawn or snow removal either. I had to pay someone to cut grass when I had my house because of my allergies, and the last time I did it, I was sick for two days, even with wearing a mask.

I don't mind grocery shopping or laundry since it's just me. I shop every two to three weeks and laundry is every weekend. It also helps that my stackable washer/dryer is right inside my bedroom next to my closets which makes it very convienient to sort, wash, dry, and put away.