Honored Contributor

Is there a better way to do this?

I post here on my chromebook, which is an android device. In order for me to see a picture someone posts I have to click on their name and then scroll down to images and then choose from all the images they have ever posted in very tiny pictures and the one I pick will become larger. Although I never know for sure I have chosen the right one from the gallery. Surely there is an easier way!

Honored Contributor

Re: Is there a better way to do this?

I don't understand what you mean.

Are you talking about pictures in a post?  They don't show up?

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

I don't understand what you mean.

Are you talking about pictures in a post?  They don't show up?

Nope - don't show up. I have to click on the posters name and scroll down to her image gallery on the left side of the page and then all pictures she has posted will show up and I have to click on one. A real PIA. I talked to the moderators and they said this was the best they could do to help me. i tried loading firefox but my computer would not accept it. On my Trio tablet I can get pics but the screen jumps so much while using it is too much of a PIA to use.

Honored Contributor

Well, if the moderators can't help you, I have no idea how to help you.

I post with an Apple laptop, iphone, or a Surface tablet and I have no problems seeing pictures in each post. 

Respected Contributor

Perhaps you might get more help in the electronics forum.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

I started a thread last week about no longer seeing pictures on either the blogs or forums.  I'm using the same iPad and don't think I changed any settings.  

I too too would like to find out what has happened to pics !!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949, Do you have any addons/extensions enabled in Chrome?  Some of those have blocked images on various websites for Chrome users and the extensions have to be disabled in order for images to display properly (I need to look, but I think one of the Adblock extensions created this problem in the past).  

~~~~~~

@jlkz, I saw your thread in Electronics.  Often, when images aren't displayed on an iPad if you'll just go into Settings under Safari and "Clear History and Website Data" that will fix the problem (and it won't hurt anything).  Any time a website makes changes, glitches might show up and this is good "housekeeping" to help clear them up.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I have to clean up cookies fairly often so that isn't it. And I can't find a setting for allowing extensions in my settings. If I could that would probably be it. Thanks for trying to help.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

151949 wrote:

I have to clean up cookies fairly often so that isn't it. And I can't find a setting for allowing extensions in my settings. If I could that would probably be it. Thanks for trying to help.

@151949, I've never used a chromebook but they do have online help.  This is the info from Google Chrome Help:

Install and manage extensions

link:  https://support.google.com/chrome_webstore/answer/2664769?hl=en

And here's the Chromebook Help for managing apps and extensions:

https://support.google.com/chromebook/topic/3392804?hl=en&ref_topic=3392795&vid=0-635778411068835520...

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

DOO B DOO:  responded to your post elsewhere.  Did the cookie clearing in Safari but still no pics.

Don't think I have Chrome on my iPad.  Still very frustrating

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill