Esteemed Contributor

Is the Q Offering Any Sales or Promotions on Cyber Monday?

I took advantage of several sales online since Friday, but I don't see any sales on the Q for tomorrow. Is it just the things I'm looking for that are not on sale with free shipping, or shall I shop elsewhere? I've already done a mighty fine job with Kohls, Macys and Land's End!

I did buy some items on QVC on Friday and I really like the being able to keep items until the end of January plus there were some free shipping items, but I wonder if there will be more items tomorrow?

Thanks and happy shopping!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: Is the Q Offering Any Sales or Promotions on Cyber Monday?

You jest!

Honored Contributor

Don't hold your breath.  Stick to Macy's and other stores that are offering true sales and free shipping.  Nothing special about the Q!

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Don't hold your breath.  Stick to Macy's and other stores that are offering true sales and free shipping.  Nothing special about the Q!

hi @kaydee50 - I know, I know...but I was thinking that so many other merchants are giving such generous sales. QVC has been giving free shipping on several items I purchased. I wouldn't have bought them without it, so it did induce me to shop with them.

Since they merged with HSN it's very interesting that almost every day I get an email from them offering 20% off on several items, as well as free shipping and other really good sales and enticements. I don't really need anything but it's really interesting how different the two shopping channels are.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala  HSN was always better at sales and notifying about price reductions.  They also had better s/h deals.  I hope they stay "different"!!!!!  

Valued Contributor

@sunala 

i take a "sale" to be 20% or more off of an item or off everything in the store or web site. if that is your definition of a sale also, then no, qvc will not be having a sale.

for example, kohls had those comfy sweatshirts with the with fur stuff on the inside on sale for $19.99. there there was a coupon for 20% off your entire purchase, in store or online. so that $19.99 sweatshirt became $14.99. if you bought 2 or $25 of anything, you got free shipping.and if you spent $40, you got another $10 off your order. call me old school, but to me that is a sale. <smile>

so for the qvc price for one of those comfy sweatshirts, you could buy 2 elsewhere. not as many colors at kohls, but that isn't the point that i am trying to make.

qvc seems to think a sale is free shipping and 6 easy pays.

almost every web site is offering free shipping and many companies have something like easy pay. heck, most informercials have the equivalent of easy pay.

Valued Contributor

@iwrite wrote:

@sunala 

i take a "sale" to be 20% or more off of an item or off everything in the store or web site. if that is your definition of a sale also, then no, qvc will not be having a sale.

for example, kohls had those comfy sweatshirts with the with fur stuff on the inside on sale for $19.99. there there was a coupon for 20% off your entire purchase, in store or online. so that $19.99 sweatshirt became $14.99. if you bought 2 or $25 of anything, you got free shipping.and if you spent $40, you got another $10 off your order. call me old school, but to me that is a sale. <smile>

so for the qvc price for one of those comfy sweatshirts, you could buy 2 elsewhere. not as many colors at kohls, but that isn't the point that i am trying to make.

almost every web site is offering free shipping and many companies have something like easy pay. heck, most informercials have the equivalent of easy pay.

Well said! It's a shame that once again the Q has blown it! The BIGGEST online shopping day of the year and they cannot come up w/anything better than 6 easy pays! lol

~ Hope in TN ~
Valued Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@iwrite wrote:

@sunala 

Well said! It's a shame that once again the Q has blown it! The BIGGEST online shopping day of the year and they cannot come up w/anything better than 6 easy pays! lol

@BrandiDavis 

thank you

i just keep in mind that everyone has their own definition of many things. <smile>

i also know that many want to stick to their way of doing things, even knowing full well, that it will cost them in the long run. that's fine with me also. i can shop where i get the best price. call me cheap, but i prefer to save money where i can.

have a great holiday season!