Honored Contributor

Re: Is that the Gili jacket?

On 12/4/2014 sunala said:

Lisa, as we know, can wear a burlap sack and look gorgeous.

Jane, not so much.

Isn't that the truth, sunny!

At midnight when they showed it officially as the TSV, all the models and Lisa look good, poor Jackie the size Large model, looked awful against the skinny ones, plus she had a tunic top on under it, that was hanging out about 10 inches, I don't know who dressed her, but she looked awful!

Respected Contributor

On 12/5/2014 Hooty said:
On 12/4/2014 sunala said:

Lisa, as we know, can wear a burlap sack and look gorgeous.

Jane, not so much.

Isn't that the truth, sunny!

At midnight when they showed it officially as the TSV, all the models and Lisa look good, poor Jackie the size Large model, looked awful against the skinny ones, plus she had a tunic top on under it, that was hanging out about 10 inches, I don't know who dressed her, but she looked awful!

I think they're trying to make it the new fashion trend, but I don't like it. It takes away from the cropped jacket when you see a top underneath, hanging way below the jacket. It looks terrible, IMO.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

On 12/5/2014 Topaz Gem said:
On 12/5/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
On 12/5/2014 Topaz Gem said:

I know the jacket is supposed to be cropped, but I wish it were a few inches longer. Lisa is short-waisted, so it falls perfectly on her, but it looks much too short on the taller women who have been modeling it. I'm thin, but very long-waisted, so I'm sure it would look way too short, as it would probably fall mid-torso on me.

I've heard Lisa say that she's long waisted.

All torso, short legs.

That's what she says, anyway.

Interesting...it goes to show how different things look on TV. The jacket looked really good on her and certainly didn't look too short like it did on virtually everyone else.

I'm willing to bet she had it designed to look good on her first and foremost.

Honored Contributor

Now that I look at the pics of it, I like it.

Didn't see anyone in it except for the pic of Lisa.

I like it with the collar down instead of Elvis'd.

Nice shape to it.

Rut roh, now I may have to order it.

Honored Contributor

On 12/5/2014 SoftRaindrops said:

I like Lisa as a show host. However, she is not a qualified fashion "designer" in any sense of the word. She needs to go back to school and learn the basics before she presents her "designs."

She's presenting someone else's design that she put her name on. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

I give her a lot of credit for being enthusiastic about GILI considering she'll be leaving in a week and she will no longer be associated with the line. LOL

Honored Contributor

I give her credit for being enthusiatic about anything she's selling. I'd be like "I'm outta here in 7 days. Buy it, don't buy it. I don't care. It's not going to affect me one way or the other." {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

She's been ""calling it in"" for a few years now. LOL

Honored Contributor

So, does GILI die when Lisa leaves?

Honored Contributor

On 12/5/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

So, does GILI die when Lisa leaves?

According to Lisa and Katie, her FB assistant, what was already in the works for GILI will be presented, some of it into next year.

Several times while presenting various pieces of the GILI jewelry items, Lisa said the items weren't coming back once they are gone because she was the designer and since she is leaving, her designs won't continue.

Several posters seem to think Lisa won't be hosting but is moving full-time to doing just GILI. However, she said that the GILI team took her out for a good-bye dinner and she commented about how much she's going to miss them.

So, who knows. LOL