Valued Contributor

Re: Is it too early to get the fall decor out?

I did my fall decorating this past weekend. I couldn't wait any longer. There are decorations out in all of the stores, and things aren't hanging around.

If you're ready to decorate OP, go for it!!! BTW, not to enable or anything, but TJX has an extrordinary amount of beautiful fall decor this year, as well as some very neat, sophisticated Halloween things. Several things I'd checked were made in Portugal, and I hope to get back there before too long. I wanted to see how much I had before buying.

The farm stand near us has had pumpkins for a week now, as well as mums. The temps here have gotten warm for the afternoon, butstart to cool quickly around supper time. Enjoy your decorations whenever you decide to put them out!  pinky

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee That's what it is!  I am never quite this anxious for it but you're right.  Labor Day is finally back in September where it belongs.  The fall colors are coming out!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

pinky ann wrote:

Several things I'd checked were made in Portugal, and I hope to get back there before too long. 

@pinky ann

Pinky, bon voyage! I hope your passport is up to date.  Send us a post card!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

It's hot and very humid here AGAIN today. Way too early!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

Pearlee, Should have written that more clearly... I meant TJX! lol Sadly, I've never been to Europe, and it's not looking like I'm going anytime soon. :*(  However, from your post to God's ears! Maybe someday... pinky

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Our next door neighbor decorates beautifully for every holiday. It is like a little gift to us because we get to look out and see it from a very large window we have in our living room on that side of the house. I would think it is time now to decorate. When i used to decorate I did a back to school theme in Sept with oversized books on my covered porch and a school bus flag etc. Then one day the little girl across the street came over and told me that I did not need to remind her vacation was over in a haughty tone with hands on her hips. I really had to struggle to stifle laughing out loud , she was so cute.

That story put a smile on my face....adorable. Did you ever tell her mom? 

Honored Contributor

I won't put my fall stuff up until it's actually fall.

Funny that our weather wasn't all that hot throughout the summer and now, we are having unseasonably hot weather.  It's been mid to upper 80's and humid this whole week. They are talking about it possibly hitting 90 Sunday.

The stores around here have had mums for sale for weeks but my experience has been that when I buy them too early, they end up with the flowers all off by the time I actually want them to have flowers. 

There aren't pumpkins out yet but again, put out too early and they just end up rotted by Halloween.

Respected Contributor

It's 41 degrees here.  State Fair is on. That's fall for me  I put flowers on front door, decorated the mantle and something on the table so I'm done.

Respected Contributor

@pinky ann wrote:

I did my fall decorating this past weekend. I couldn't wait any longer. There are decorations out in all of the stores, and things aren't hanging around.

If you're ready to decorate OP, go for it!!! BTW, not to enable or anything, but TJX has an extrordinary amount of beautiful fall decor this year, as well as some very neat, sophisticated Halloween things. Several things I'd checked were made in Portugal, and I hope to get back there before too long. I wanted to see how much I had before buying.

The farm stand near us has had pumpkins for a week now, as well as mums. The temps here have gotten warm for the afternoon, butstart to cool quickly around supper time. Enjoy your decorations whenever you decide to put them out!  pinky

Thanks for the TJM alert. I always have good luck in JoAnn's Fabric. To make matters worse, 40% off fall decor.

Honored Contributor

Bring it all on now that 9/1 has come and gone.   Decorate and have a blast.

School is in session and the last of the "hot dog" holidays are almost here and gone.

Just keep some Red White and Blue around for another week or so along with your fall colors.

Turkey Time Soon will be here!!!!!!!!!!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."