Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Is it too early to get the fall decor out?

I always put mine up the beginning of Sept.  Fall is such a sort season, and it's my favorite season, I want to look at it as long as I can.  I bought some new things this year, and not using some of my last year things.  I love decorating for Fall!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No.  I already have a few pieces out and will continue as the month goes along.  I still have to get pumpkins and mums for the porch and patio.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

Count me in. I just got a new fall wreath at Michael's for my front door and put it up. Will hold off on the Halloween stuff. 

Esteemed Contributor

October is my date - after all the summer flowers have had it.  My neighbor puts out fall stuff along with still blooming plants = and it just looks confusing and too much.

We're just now getting 90 degree summer - so I'll wait.

Honored Contributor

Our next door neighbor decorates beautifully for every holiday. It is like a little gift to us because we get to look out and see it from a very large window we have in our living room on that side of the house. I would think it is time now to decorate. When i used to decorate I did a back to school theme in Sept with oversized books on my covered porch and a school bus flag etc. Then one day the little girl across the street came over and told me that I did not need to remind her vacation was over in a haughty tone with hands on her hips. I really had to struggle to stifle laughing out loud , she was so cute.

Esteemed Contributor

Too early ?

Yep it is. It's still summer !
Respected Contributor

ha, no I started doing some decorating inside - I love decorating for fall.  I am holding off on buying any mums yet though until this current heat wave finishes up.  No point in cooking them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Go for it!  Here it won't be Fall for VERY long time,.

Honored Contributor

Labor Day weekend is always my switch over.  I've had to control myself all week because I want to hold to my stupid tradition but my fall decor is coming out in two days!  

Honored Contributor

Like you said, if you put it up now, you'll know if you need to buy anything else to add to your decor.

I say go for it, for that practical reason alone!

I personally would hold off on outdoor fall decor, till the end of the month.

I'm in the deep south and it's still 90 degrees here, but we still decorate for the season, not the temperature.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.