Respected Contributor

Re: Is it possible to ignore your own birthday?

I have been ignoring my birthday for years after my child was born on the same day!

Maybe it is not so much the birthday you want to not have but maybe the age you will become. Do as Jack Benny did never more older than 39!

Happy Birthday!

Respected Contributor

Getting OLDer is NOT for sissies!

However, it is a   P R I V I L E G E   to grow old, and do so with a smile instead of a scowl.

BUT I GET IT - I too would rather IGNORE ALL MY B-DAYS FROM NOW ON!

Have a good day on your birthday and remember to smile.

Respected Contributor

No I haven't tried to ignore my birthday. I'm grateful every year I live to see one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I will be 59 next Sunday and I have uneasy feelings about this birthday. I would love to ignore it and act like it is not happening.....but that is hard to do. I guess i have a week to get "ok" with turning 59 (haha). Have any of you been able to truly ignore your birthday? I am open to learning from all of you.....

I tried to ignore my 40th but I didn't have much luck. I think I could ignore a birthday now if I concentrated on other things so the birthday was out of mind. I usually like my birthday. 

Respected Contributor

So, would you rather the alternative??????

Honored Contributor

I have on a few occassions forgotten I had a birthday coming----but always remember it--it's just another day to me---I don't care too much about it and haven't for many years----just a meh! kind of a day.

Honored Contributor

I love getting birthday cards from my children and grandchildren, especially the ones my little granddaughters make for me. Precious and I treasure them. I don’t want gifts, cake, or candles. Just not necessary at age 67. I would love to just ignore my birthdays, but my family and some friends love to celebrate everything, including my bday. I worked with a colleague who learned on her 50th birthday that she was pregnant. I figure compared to her, I am way ahead if I only get a cake.
Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361 

I hope you had a wonderful birthday-no matter how you decided to acknowledge it-or not!  Heart