Honored Contributor

Re: Is it just my imagination or is this board better?

Anyone having eyestrain problems:  What I did was, on my computer/laptop, I set my 'Zoom' setting ('Tools' section) at 150%.   That seemed to solve my eyestrain problems.  Just a thought...........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

There is something I have noticed that kind of bothers me.  Maybe it's just me or it's that I don't get around to enough topics. So many posters here say they are not bored..... and yet..... I see them post over and over again on the same discussions and usually the ones that are the most debateable.  Or maybe it is because they are getting that need met on another website.... and coming here for "lighter" discussion?  Then why do they end up on the heavier discussions here if they don't miss them at all?  Is there something I am missing here?      

I have always gone to other websites that allowed for more "meatier" discussions on topics that aren't allowed here. That said, "heavier" discussions were removed here in the past before (all of those controversial topics) - it was just a bit slower to remove, there was a lot of trolling on those threads, baiting and insults. I do not miss THAT.

I guess I may have to do what you do.  I have never been anywhere else but here.  I guess I hold on to the hope that we could have more discussions if the trolling was handled when the name calling and mud slinging started.  It just doesn't seem that hard to recognize .... and I would think it would be obvious who the main culprits were....but that said, this is my only experience and I have nothing else to compare it to.

Esteemed Contributor

@VioletEyes wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

Is it just my imagination or is this board better?

Sorry minky, still not better and don't see it ever getting to where it had been. Yep, it is just your imagination running wild on ya again.  =^..^=

=^..^=

=^..^=

=^..^=

I'm curious. What about this board do you see as not being better? You received a beautiful thread from the participants here wishing your wife well in her recovery and you still post, so what is wrong with this board? Is it the layout? I have also noticed your posts regarding your health and you are still permitted to outline your illnesses, so I guess I just don't understand.

Hi VioletEyes,

Not real sure what any posts to or about me have to do with anything, but my wife and I were/are very appreciative of all of the prayers and well wishes in those posts from so many nice people.

I still post for the same reasons I did through all of the so-called "upgrades(?)", I've stated those reasons numerous times so I leave them out of this post.

Even though I am what many that know me as a technonut, I am not into change just for the purpose of change. There are tons of new formats out there so this BB could be changed daily if they so choose to do so.

Just because they are there does not mean they should adopt them. As I've said many times on this topic, they used their BB members to help do their Beta Testing on a new program. Many, maybe even most, that come here do so to post, not to try to figure out a new program.

I've worked on and built computers for many years now and during that time I have learned a ton of new programs. Some were easy, many were not.

I would be surprised if you have not noticed the lack of many of the nics of people that have posted here for years, and my feeling is that is not because they just up and quit coming here. Some like to learn others do not. When it gets to a point where it takes more time than one wants to spend just trying to figure out a different format? The number of posters pretty well answer that question.

Always good talking with you and thankk you for being one of the many that said prayers and gave your thoughts to both my wife and myself during her tough times.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Afternoon all ! 

First of all, thanks to all for the replies and secondly, thanks to the moderators for allowing the thread to stand.

John, I am also wondering what changes you have a problem with.  I am certainly no techie - all I do here is log on, read, post, quote perhaps. Occasionally maybe post a picture or something from the web, not too often.

Other than the fact that the emoicons need some jazzing up a bit, I don't see anything different from the last board.

In the beginning I did, everything was crazy looking.  I couldn't find anybody or anything.  But now I have no problems.

I, too, continue to wish you and Cindy well. Heart

Trusted Contributor

As long as I can find old friends I am happy.  May take a bit of wandering around.  It is what it is and I'm just happy it is still here.  It's easier to navigate today then it was at first change.  That could just be my brain adjusting.  

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@VioletEyes wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

Is it just my imagination or is this board better?

Sorry minky, still not better and don't see it ever getting to where it had been. Yep, it is just your imagination running wild on ya again.  =^..^=

=^..^=

=^..^=

=^..^=

I'm curious. What about this board do you see as not being better? You received a beautiful thread from the participants here wishing your wife well in her recovery and you still post, so what is wrong with this board? Is it the layout? I have also noticed your posts regarding your health and you are still permitted to outline your illnesses, so I guess I just don't understand.

Hi VioletEyes,

Not real sure what any posts to or about me have to do with anything, but my wife and I were/are very appreciative of all of the prayers and well wishes in those posts from so many nice people.

I still post for the same reasons I did through all of the so-called "upgrades(?)", I've stated those reasons numerous times so I leave them out of this post.

Even though I am what many that know me as a technonut, I am not into change just for the purpose of change. There are tons of new formats out there so this BB could be changed daily if they so choose to do so.

Just because they are there does not mean they should adopt them. As I've said many times on this topic, they used their BB members to help do their Beta Testing on a new program. Many, maybe even most, that come here do so to post, not to try to figure out a new program.

I've worked on and built computers for many years now and during that time I have learned a ton of new programs. Some were easy, many were not.

I would be surprised if you have not noticed the lack of many of the nics of people that have posted here for years, and my feeling is that is not because they just up and quit coming here. Some like to learn others do not. When it gets to a point where it takes more time than one wants to spend just trying to figure out a different format? The number of posters pretty well answer that question.

Always good talking with you and thankk you for being one of the many that said prayers and gave your thoughts to both my wife and myself during her tough times.

John, as to your question about why I mentioned the beautiful thread addressed to you and your wife....that is part of the experience here... conversing with people who choose to participate here. I would think that would affect how you felt about the boards in general.  Such a positive output of affection might make you understand why this board is still an important place to communicate. As far as people leaving, it's still the summer and some may be busy or on vacation.

I learned from my 99 year old uncle...soon to be 100 this December, that change is what keeps us young. Once when I was complaining about some changes to our community, he laughed and said that the first sign of aging is having the inability to change. I learned a lesson that day and am choosing to keep an open mind about change and trying to work with it...not against it.

As always, my best wishes for your entire family.....furbabies also included.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

You can change the size of the fonts, the color, the thickness, etc.

As far as the brightness go to your computer for that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yock wrote:

As long as I can find old friends I am happy.  May take a bit of wandering around.  It is what it is and I'm just happy it is still here.  It's easier to navigate today then it was at first change.  That could just be my brain adjusting.  

I think that my be part of my problem.  Many of the people I knew the  longest and have posted with over the years..... are not here at all or very often.  I miss them.  Some here say they were the troublemakers....I did not see them that way and some got a bad rap.  Many of the ones that left were not troublemakers or trolls.