Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is it just me, or is the edit button not working?

As an iPad user, I've noticed three issues when editing my responses:

1.  If I originally used @ with a poster's name, I notice it sometimes disappears when I save the edit.  I'll be editing text far away from where the @ was, so I know I didn't delete it on my own.  I have to edit the post again and go back and insert the @ with a poster's name.

2.  In the middle of the edit, it will save the post, but I haven't finished editing or hit the post/save button.

3.  It often reverts back to the default font.  I like to change the font because the iPad default looks too close together (one line touching the line below it).  I've typed and saved posts in Arial, but after saving an edit, I've noticed that the font of the entire post went back to the default.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wildcat fan wrote:

As an iPad user, I've noticed three issues when editing my responses:

1.  If I originally used @ with a poster's name, I notice it sometimes disappears when I save the edit.  I'll be editing text far away from where the @ was, so I know I didn't delete it on my own.  I have to edit the post again and go back and insert the @ with a poster's name.

2.  In the middle of the edit, it will save the post, but I haven't finished editing or hit the post/save button.

3.  It often reverts back to the default font.  I like to change the font because the iPad default looks too close together (one line touching the line below it).  I've typed and saved posts in Arial, but after saving an edit, I've noticed that the font of the entire post went back to the default.  

For #1, the "@" doesn't work on iPads or iPhones and I did notice trying to use it caused the name to disappear.    I keep trying to use it with my Mac in hopes the "@" feature will start working for everyone...  so far no luck, though.

Update:  It appears that the "@" plus nickname is working now for all devices (hope so!).

I haven't seen #2 happen -- do you mean it "autosaves" the text or actually posts your comment? 

#3 is something I've seen, too.  We've been discussing all the problems using customized text on a thread in the Suggestion Box (see thread "Another iPad issue" for details).

I think we might want to start talking about these problems in detail on @Keyai's official thread in which he asked for feedback and problem reports:

"Improved iPad functionality is now live!"

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried Deleting my 'reply' on the Bachelorette thread, and it didn't disappear.  So, I had to edit/update my orginal reply. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

ROMARY 1 wrote:

I tried Deleting my post on the Bachelorette thread, and it didn't disappear.  So, I had to edit/update my orginal post. 

If you delete a post you have to be sure to click on the confirmation message which pops up -- otherwise, the post remains as is.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Just a guess here.  When the "load/discard" appears for me? It has always forced me to make 1 of those choices. If I didn't I could not do much of anything.

One time I hit submit on a post and I have no idea where it eent.  Then an when I came back a few hours larter/signed in? Up pops the "load or discard" option. I chose "load" and up comes the post I submitted my last time on the BB.

I did get a message that said: "your post had a unvarifiable sign-in, return to previous screen", something close to that anyways. I then had to click on that popup and it took me back to a blank page to add my post. Thus i thought my original post was gone.

Then I come back in hours, and up pops the "load/discard" option, and hence my original reply post.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Sidebar:  Since we're talking about "Autosave," I think many posters are unaware that their posts are now saved as drafts while they're composing them.

It's a wonderful feature, and we don't have to worry about losing our posts if there's a glitch, or typing them up elsewhere (as a document on our computer/tablet) before we post them here.

Remember, the draft is available on the thread you've been posting on and also available in your profile (under our name at the top of the page there's a drop-down menu -- click on "Profile")  in the left-hand column under "Autosaved Drafts."

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise@dooBdoo, et al.

I just realized something else.

If you can't write in the space, try switching from "Rich Text" to "HTML."  That seems to work for me.  You can always go back to "Rich Text" once you've finished typing.

(With "rich text" the menu appears - font family, etc.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am having these iPad problems:

1) When I post a reply, the keyboard stays stuck on the screen until I go to a different website and then go back to the forums again.

2) Sometimes after posting, a red message box pops up saying the message can't be posted, but it still posts anyway.

3) After bolding part of a reply, a message said there was an HTML error that I should correct. I was using Rich Text, so I had no idea what they were talking about. I hit the Post button again and my reply went through. This is the first time this has happened.

4) The choices in Rich Text don't toggle on and off. For example, I can click once to bold, but can't unbold with another click. I can only get it to unbold after a lot of fiddling around. Not even sure what eventually worked.

5) And the screen is still jumping. I keep clicking on the wrong thing.

I am on iPad3 in Safari.

ETA: The keyboard is still on the screen after posting this.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Montana wrote:

1) When I post a reply, the keyboard stays stuck on the screen until I go to a different website and then go back to the forums again.

2) Sometimes after posting, a red message box pops up saying the message can't be posted, but it still posts anyway.

3) After bolding part of a reply, a message said there was an HTML error that I should correct. I was using Rich Text, so I had no idea what they were talking about. I hit the Post button again and my reply went through. This is the first time this has happened.

4) The choices in Rich Text don't toggle on and off. For example, I can click once to bold, but can't unbold with another click. I can only get it to unbold after a lot of fiddling around. Not even sure what eventually worked.

I am on iPad3 in Safari.

Montana, would you consider moving your questions (just copy and paste) to the thread I suggested in Post #22 so all of us can share problems, questions and tips in one place (and the moderators can see all of them, too)?  Not that you have to, but a lot of the same questions and answers are being repeated in numerous threads.

(eta:  thread "Improved iPad functionality is now live!"

at link http://community.qvc.com/t5/Suggestion-Box/Improved-iPad-functionality-is-now-live/td-p/1979575)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Montana wrote:

I am on iPad3 in Safari.

ETA: The keyboard is still on the screen after posting this.

A few quick answers:

1 -- To hide keyboard, tap the keyboard icon (lower right corner of keyboard).

2 -- Message:  "An Unexpected Error has occurred."  Seems to be a glitch on the site.  Just ignore it and continue typing or submit the post.

3 --  Message "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."  It simply means the system is checking for problematic HTML code embedded in your text -- they system uses HTML code, whether you've checked "rich text" or not.  Just go ahead and submit the post, and review it for changes.

4 -- The editing on the iPad is very, very "touchy."  We've discussed details of a few problems and help in other threads.

5 -- As I posted in another thread, on the thread I mentioned in Post #22 they explained that the "jumping" problem has been noted and a fix is in the works.