Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is it just me, or is the edit button not working?

@Susan Louise Gosh, I'm stumped now. Is it just the one particular post you can't edit? Have you gone to a different post/thread and tried?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

@betteb wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

Everythine I try to edit, all I get id the pop up of asking me if I want to load or discard...phooey! I never got that before when I edited...nuts!

@Susan Louise When that happens, click load, and it will re-load the post and then you will be able to edit. (I'm nearly positive of this)

I just tried that a few times and it didn't work for me...my post area remained blank, even the curser isn't there...*rolls eyes*. This is just so annoying. DH is a pute wiz (he works in the IT dept at his job too) and even he can't figure it out  :?

Just to insert a little humor into a frustrating situation, here's an eye roll for you Smiley Happy

hard eye roll.jpeg

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@Susan Louise Gosh, I'm stumped now. Is it just the one particular post you can't edit? Have you gone to a different post/thread and tried?

It's any posts Barb...

Now it's doing something different...

IT's teasing me. The posts I want to edit show up in the area to edit them, but then they disappear within a second...there, then gone again. I try to copy and paste in the area what I wrote and that doesn't work because there is no curser...

I think I need a drinky-poo...almost maddening LOL

Esteemed Contributor

How maddening. I'm sorry. Good luck with it.

PS-Just one more thought...I know you said DH is an IT guy, but are you sure you don't have a bad cookie? I know you said you cleared you history, but did you do a disk cleanup, delete your cookies and restart?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

TESTING

ETA: Working for me; on iPad3 in Safari

Honored Contributor

@Susan LouiseI haven't had the "load or discard" question but I have noticed that during periods when I'm assuming the site has more activity, it takes longer for the site to do the Autosave.  While it's saving, the cursor doesn't show up in the writing screen.

I'm not sure that's what is happening for you, but the explanation may help someone else.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same problem.

When I click on edit it starts out ok, and populates the post then it goes empty so there is nothing to edit.  Must just be a glitch.  I imagine they'll get it fixed.

ETA - They must be fixing the glitch, as I am now editing.

BTW, FWIW - I'm using a Chrome browser (up to date) on a Win8.1 machine right now.  I started out on IE but usually, if I'm here for very long at all, this site will blow up my browser so I had already switched to Chrome before I attempted to edit a post.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise, Hi there!

It would help to know:

What type of device are you using?

Which browser are you using, is it the current version, do you us any addons/extensions which might be interfering, and have you tried another browser?

(I've tried editing with Firefox v. 39.0, Chrome v. 44.0.2403.107, and Safari v. 8.0.7, using an iMac.  Editing works on my iPad and iPhone, also, iOS 8.4.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I am now able to edit...only sporatically though...

Honored Contributor

dooBdoo wrote:

@Susan Louise, Hi there!

It would help to know:

What type of device are you using?

Which browser are you using, is it the current version, do you us any addons/extensions which might be interfering, and have you tried another browser?

(I've tried editing with Firefox v. 39.0, Chrome v. 44.0.2403.107, and Safari v. 8.0.7, using an iMac.  Editing works on my iPad and iPhone, also, iOS 8.4.)

I can't duplicate the problem...  it would help to know the answers to these questions for anyone having trouble.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova