Honored Contributor

Is it better to buy an Instapot and an air fryer as separate appliances?

[ Edited ]

Is it better to buy an Instapot type cooker as a separate appliance and then buy an air fryer; or is a combination unit just as good? Do the combo units get things as crispy as separate air fryers? Do the Instapot pressure cooker types do beans better if they are a seepage device from an air fryer? I've never tried any of these.

Honored Contributor

Re: Is it better to buy an Instapot and an air fryer as separate appliances?

@Mindy D    It's Instantpot and it's an electric pressure cooker.  Do you want to pressure cook?  If not, just get an air fryer.  The combo units are very large and take up a lot of kitchen space; do you have room?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Instant Pot has an air fryer lid attachment.

Air Fryer Lid - Instant Pot

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My kids gifted us with an air fryer 2 years ago.  That puppy is large!  We keep in garage and husband has to cart in to use it.  We use it for salmon, but that's about it.  I can't use it for spur of the moment impulses, as the husband will whine if he has to go get it.  Lol  I don't use the pressure cooker either.  My husband makes stew in it, thats it.  The only contraption I have used for years Is the breadmaker.  In summer I use it for jams and sauces, I make dough in it.  And bake bread now and then

Honored Contributor

I asked a similar question awhile back and was told that the air fryer on the combo units weren't quite as good as a stand-alone unit.  As far as AF size goes @shoekitty, that depends on what capacity you get. I got the Ming Tsai one and it's not that large, but it's just me and hubby.  I used to have it on a separate counter and would carry it over to my kitchen counter to use with no problem whatsoever.  The coating is not as non-stick as it was billed and now has a black coating on it that I cannot get off, so not happy with that aspect, but I still find it quite handy.

Even so, I still kinda think about the combo Foodi Grill.  I have a Jenn-Aire with the grill grates which I love, but the smoke can be kinda bad since their downdraft fans are not that good.  I now have an asthmatic cat, so all that smoke can't be good for him.  I usually open the kitchen door when I'm using it for things like burgers due to the fat dripping and causing flare-ups.  From what I have been told the Foodi Grill still does smoke some, but apparently not as bad as my Jenn-aire.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Instant Pot has an air fryer lid attachment.

Air Fryer Lid - Instant Pot

@lolakimono, you have just made my day! Have you used this? I have had the intant pot for quite a while now, not used it once, Have been wanting an air fryer. 

Super Contributor

Months ago I bought the Ninja Foodi.  It has a pressure cooker lid and an air fryer lid.  I love the convenience of one appliance.  I did purchase the slow cooker lid separately and am thrilled with my choice.

I don't have enough counter space for a lot of appliances, and one works better for me.