Regular Contributor

Is anyone interested in painting

Please tell me I'm not the only one.
Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone interested in painting

Painting a picture or painting a wall? I do both and love doing both!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Today after the carpet man finishes up the installation of my floors I have to paint the ends of the quarter round where they cut it. It is such a small space I plan to use a q tip instead of a brush. That is about a fine as my painting skills get.

Contributor

Yes, I like to paint all kinds of things. No pictures, so far, but almost anything else, I've done a variety of crafting and painting has always kept my interest to a certain extent.

What do you like to paint? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

PA Lady
Regular Contributor

I love to paint glass, wood, and metal. It seems I find a little more of it on Instagram, people doing it.
Regular Contributor

I used to do a lot of Donna Dewberry's One Stroke painting but lately have gotten more into card making. But I still love to pick up a brush and paint, mostly wildflowers.

Esteemed Contributor

I took an Annie Sloan chalk-painting class and hope to do a few pieces come summer.

A local antique store offered the classes and sold the paint. We worked as a group, and the finished pieces were sold in the store. Pretty clever of the owner.

It is a lovely finish, but I think it is one of those things that can be overdone. I'm anxious to get started, but need to wait until I can work on my outside porch.

Also, I took a watercolor class years ago and discovered I have no talent for painting artwork. I think some are gifted with an eye for painting dimension, but I am not.

I remember Donna Dewberry well. She was always on the craft shows and now has all but disappeared from TV.

Regular Contributor

Yea, Donna used to be on all the craft shows. I've got lots of her One Stroke books and accessories and still enjoy painting flowers. It looks like she sells her products online now.

And Carol Smith with Gallery Glass? I loved that! Again, I had all the paints and leading and pattern packs.

When I start a hobby, I definitely go overboard with supplies!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

Retrieved all my brushes from hubby, and if I get back into it, I'll need new paint. Right now, I just want spring.