Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is anyone here from Connecticut Or Massachusetts?

@ValuSkr wrote:

My sister in CT enjoys shopping (groceries) at Stew Leonard's.

Yes, indeed! That's a really cool specialty food store. I love it there! It's about 35 minutes from me, but when we venture out there, we enjoy it very much.

Respected Contributor

@Effie54

I'm from W.  MA.

If you love antiques, the very huge Brimfield Fair will be open this year (1st  opening I believe is Memorial Day (however, I've read not as many vendors, due to you know what!)  Try googling it.  I think they open 3x/year.  Gets super crowded & has food vendors as well.  It's very popular.  My sister has attended & purchased a few times.  Also, you can check out Sturbridge, MA which is about another 15-20 minutes further on Rte. 20 from Brimfield.   Good luck with your shoppinbg experience.

I live in Spfld. & Brimfield is about 40 min. drive from here.  

Trusted Contributor

@sceniccoast   Hi scenic.   I'm a neighbor.   West Springfield to be exact.   Nice to meet you.

Contributor

I live on the east coast of MA, and I love the Wrentham Country Store . It is mostly vintage merchandise at very reasonable prices. There are other Country Stores in the area, some more “country” than others. It’s  enjoyable to see items that you’ll never see in a chain store. I also frequent the Amish Contry Shoppe In Dartmouth. A Google search will bring you to their Facebook sites with pictures.

J

Respected Contributor

I live north of Boston, MA in a city near Salem, MA. There are many antique shops and shops to find unique and handmade items from Salem and all along the coast in Marblehead, Gloucester, Rockport, Newburyport, Ipswich, Rowley and Essex.

Also you will find many wonderful restaurants with fresh seafood, especially lobster and clams.

There are Sunday flea markets with antiques and collectibles.

One flea market is at Todd Farm in Rowley in Rte. 1A.

You will also find many inns an B & B's to stay at.

Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

I live north of Boston, MA in a city near Salem, MA. There are many antique shops and shops to find unique and handmade items from Salem and all along the coast in Marblehead, Gloucester, Rockport, Newburyport, Ipswich, Rowley and Essex.

Also you will find many wonderful restaurants with fresh seafood, especially lobster and clams.

There are Sunday flea markets with antiques and collectibles.

One flea market is at Todd Farm in Rowley in Rte. 1A.

You will also find many inns an B & B's to stay at.

@Enufstuff   I have family in that area and I agree with everything you said. Beautiful part of Massachusetts.

Respected Contributor

@Junebug54 

Ah, yes, right over the CT River.  Nice to meet you also.  Nice to know someone nearby.  I'm in the 16 Acres area.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

I'm allso in the middle in ri.   Linda Sal.what part of Ria are you from?  I never saw anyone on here from ri. Where in Cranston.

@Pooky1 .  RI is one of our favorite places to go that isn't far away. We are renting a house there for a week this summer.

Respected Contributor

Southwestern CT.  For groceries, I like Stop & Shop, the Big Y, or Shoprite.  I check the circulars weekly to see who has the best bargains.  For clothing and household items, I usually check out Kohls.  But, haven't been there much since the pandemic.

Honored Contributor

I'm from MA but I can't answer that question.  MA is state, not a city or town.  Also, what type of shopping are you asking about?