Super Contributor

Re: Is anyone having an issue with Comcast/tv channels are freezing

[ Edited ]

I heard on the news this morning that there is a solar storm in the atmosphere today that could cause issues with tv's, cellphones, etc.

Respected Contributor

Today, my comcast Internet went down. I do not have comcast TV. 

Honored Contributor

i was having an issue yesterday, but today seems to be okay, even though the weather has been terrible. i usually do an entire system refresh and that often helps.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I live in Seattle and we have had that issue for quite a few months. I took all the boxes in to be replaced, situation was fine for a few weeks, then boom....frozen screen or black screen. Have to reboot and wait. 

We had no issues today.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@newjersey wrote:

or I get blank, black screen, no matter what channel the tv is.  This is going on on both of my tvs.  Thanks for any answer. 

Whenever I have issues I first always go to "is the servicedown dot com" or "downdetector dot com" and you can see if there is a problem in your area by looking at the map and/or graph. You can also report it here as well so they can see how many people are affected. It's a lot easier than calling Comcast and getting the same run-a-round all the time.  95% of the time it's them and not me but by going to one of these sites at least I know it's their problem. 

Also, The Northern Lights are playing havoc with internet, GPS, and related services right now and will for a couple of days so that could be part of your issue too.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Further on my earlier post, I put the TV back on around 7 pm and had no problems for the rest of Fri. Who knows what caused the earlier troubles. Maybe it was solar activity after all.

Good idea to check down detector but my internet was fine and some TV channels did work so I didn't think to do that.  I will see what today brings.

Trusted Contributor

@Melzie , thanks for the suggestions. I will try that if it ever happens again. The Comcast guy came today, ran some sort of test, and couldn't find anything wrong. He said there may have been "something going on outside" yesterday and that that could have caused the problems.   It hasn't frozen up today.