Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is anyone else watching/buying far less of QVC?

Both watching and buying much less.

Honored Contributor

I'm still buying way too much.  I do love the convenience though! 

I hate going into stores to try clothing one and it's wonderful to have it delivered to my home.  Sure I have my share of returns but going into a store is often an exercise in futility and is exhausting.  If I see something that I like it usually isn't in my size or color....the Q is so much easier!

Super Contributor

I used to buy a lot from QVC, but, it has gotten to where most of the clothing items I buy do not fit right and I end up having to return. I have spent so much on returns with QVC and now that they do not refund the original shipping anymore, it gets to be quite expensive. I no longer buy much of anything from any of the shopping channels. I prefer brick and mortar where I can look at the item and try it on before making purchase.

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only time I watch QVC on my TV is when Jill Bauer does her "You're Home With Jill" shows.    I very rarely buy anything but I do enjoy listening to Jill's presentations.  

I used to have QVC on throughout the day but it just became tiresome and repetitive.

I also have decreased my buying because I just don't need any more items.  

I still enjoy coming to the forums but that's about my extent of QVC.  

Honored Contributor

I am purchasing more these days. I get to work from home, so I’ll launch the QVC app on my iPad for background noise (volume turned down low, but much more pleasant to me than being surrounded by a bunch of people in the office yacking all day). I do end up purchasing items I might not otherwise see, but I do try to limit my purchases to clearance items or TSVs, so that I don’t go overboard!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I usually only watch Valerie's shows, and In the Kitchen with David, when I remember, usually forget it is on until it is almost over, and when I watch Dan if I wake up very early, he can sell me something, never has disappointed me.  I do not have it on unless a specific show of interest is on.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I am still buying quite a bit -hate to shop in the stores and I am used to knowing what I like on the Q-still happy with price and quality-and easy pay helps a lot!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i dont watch QVC a lot......i never really watched QVC that much to be honest.

i AM buying more though from QVC. i know the brands that i like and i sometimes watch the videos or browse the marked down items. i buy for myself and sometimes for my daughters and mother. i dont have too many complaints about the quality, sizing, or pricing of the items i buy. when i do, i just stop buying that brand.

while shipping can be slow on some items (and quite fast on other items), i do think that the customer service has gotten better, especially with the addition of the mods on here that help very quickly when something goes wrong. kudos to them!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

No.

Honored Contributor

I’m buying far less since they stop doing as many gems in sterling silver. The selection is either cheapy looking or too expensive. I miss Paul and Judy.