Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone else watching/buying far less of QVC?

@ellaphant wrote:

I saw the post about Q 2018 2nd quarter and the responses. I have come to find QVC boring and I rarely ever watch anymore. When I do I see a repeat of trends- now the bell sleeve and the constant cold shoulder. And a repeat in other categories. I never watch Evine and only once in a blue moon do I watch HSN which is as boring as QVC. 

I am watching less and buying less.

Honored Contributor

I haven't bought from them in years! I'd rather support my local boutiques and businesses instead. I'm the silly type that needs to see, feel, try on and touch articles of clothing before purchasing.

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

I used to buy more but I HAVE cut  back cause I'm about 10 years out from retirement and I'm focusing on home improvements so my QVC money is now spent on Z Gallerie and other things to get my home "wants". 

Also I want to take a few expensive trips while I'm working because when I retire I know my funds are going to be so limited taking a super expensive cruise will be out of hte question.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Valued Contributor

I finally just quit even turning QVC on. The same products over and over just did me in. The cost of the products aren't in my budget either. Like today, I haven't seen the exact amount of that blender, but it's a viatmix so I know I won't be buying. There will be hours of it and I don't need or use a blender that much that I can see spending a few hundred dollars on it. I guess if I drank smoothies daily, maybe it would be worth the high price, but I use a blender maybe once a year. The several hours a day of shoes or purses don't interest me either. Shoe shopping with every host is over kill. Hours of 4 or $500.00 dollar purses isn't going to keep me glued to the set either. I don't need 1 at that price let alone many in every color. Watching hosts gulp down food items at $10.00 a pound or more isn't interesting, so that turns the TV to another channel, too. I'm sure expensive mac & cheese is tasty, but I can make it cheaper and it won't have shipping embeded into the cost. TV shopping has just grown from being interesting and new to old. Every top is high priced and looks the same as the last one they showed. Maybe some people buy $100.00 jeans, but not me. Skewed hemlines just look like the maker couldn't cut a straight line. Sorry, but it's just gotten old and tired. I'm going back to the real store on the other side of town. I get to look closely at the item, try it on if I need to, and if I buy it, it comes home with me today.

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I'm still buying way too much.  I do love the convenience though! 

I hate going into stores to try clothing one and it's wonderful to have it delivered to my home.  Sure I have my share of returns but going into a store is often an exercise in futility and is exhausting.  If I see something that I like it usually isn't in my size or color....the Q is so much easier!

@haddon9 .. I do most of my shopping on line because I just don't have the time to go to B&M stores.   However, I don't buy much from QVC anymore.  The days when QVC was the only on-line vendor are long gone.  Now there are countless on-line vendors who, IMHO, offer nicer and better quality clothing at much better prices than QVC.. and many offer free shipping... and much faster shipping. 

Respected Contributor

Definitely watching less and buying less.  I have become more selective in my purchases and usually only watch if something interests me.  Stopped buying clothing because of shipping costs, don't need any more jewelry, shoes often not my style, too many cosmetic shows (I only watch Dr. Denese which I purchase here) .  I usually don't use easy pay but good its there for those who do.  Overall, it was fun to watch for a while, but now its boring to see the same presentations over and over.

Esteemed Contributor

I really don't spend much time watching any of the shows, but I have bought a few things on clearance that I saw online. The one presentation that I happened upon one day while surfing the channels, that was a fab purchase was the metal hose. I didn't even know there was such a thing.  I bought two of them, and they are wonderful. Light weight, do not kink or tangle, and very sturdy. I got rid of all those other stupid hoses that were always kinking or springing leaks after a couple seasons of use.