Trusted Contributor

Re: Is anyone else watching/buying far less of QVC?

I used to buy all my clothes and shoes at QVC. Had the tv on QVC most of the day. Now the tops are all over $40 and asymetrical bottoms, cold shoulder tops, yuck. Since I wear a 11 wide in shoes, QVC was my go to. Then the same size stopped fitting and the $5 shipping plus $7 to return it because of the sizing, I am unwilling to pay $12 just to try them on. Now I go to the shoe sites that have free shipping and free returns---also they are usually cheaper.

I don't watch anymore because of the repitiion---an hr on the TSV over and over all day long. Click....

Honored Contributor

I think they would sell more clothing if they would mention what size the models are wearing instead of the fantasy sizing some of the hosts mention repeatedly.....just sayin'
Respected Contributor

Hardly watch QVC at all any more. I did enjoy the CIJ shows. Did purchase a TSV and a few other items. That is the most I have purchased from the Q in a long while.  HSN on the other hand, I watch more often.  Just in the last 2 weeks alone I have purchased over $250.00 worth of goods. I Like their merchandize and the hosts much more then  QVC, and I don't watch evine at all.  As others have posted, Qvc has the same boring items, not into their other channels, and some of their vendors and hosts are just unwatchable.

Honored Contributor

far less; QVC is not the only game in town like they were when they first began....but I know many seem to enjoy the company of having the channel on and listening to the hosts;
Honored Contributor

I tend to buy here in spurts, and they are farther between, and the number of purchases fewer. 

I still watch a lot. Only really a fan of home decor and holiday shows anymore. I used to love the cooking, but it is just a constant parade of food items (and nothing wrong with the food they sell or the fact they sell it, but just needs to be less in quantity in the kitchen shows). 

Respected Contributor

The quality has gone downhill. I don't watch but I check out online clothing, and QVC's is just awful. I remember when I first discovered qvc after taking early retirement that denim and co. had some really cute casual clothes with a classic preppy look. The other day, I checked out d&c tops online, and it was the most depressing lineup of cheap stuff.  I pass.

Esteemed Contributor

None of my American relatives buy from tv shopping channels, not QVC, not HSN, not Evine. They buy from Amazon, Etsy, or Craigslist.

Some products like electronics, Joan Rivers, Connemara jewelry, and beauty products are carried on TSC in Canada. I never buy those products from TSC. I no longer buy clothing or beauty products from TSC and don't buy jewelry from them either. My last purchase from TSC in Canada was early spring i.e. it's been nearly 6 months since I bought anything online. 

I'm buying from bricks and mortar stores. I want to see beauty products, clothes, shoes, and everything else in person. I want to see them, feel them, try them on and look at the quality in person; then decide if I want something or not. My beauty buys come after watching a bunch of beauty influencers of different ages and ethnicities on youtube actually try out the products and without the annoying vendor and host hard sell that shopping channels have. If they got the products for free as PR and disclose that in their videos and description areas, that's fine with me.

I am bypassing old school selling formulas including print and TV selling now.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Last winter I was taken ill and hospitalized. I needed new clothing as a consequence, particularly lounge-wear, and QVC was heaven-sent in that regard. Clothing I purchased from Amazon was in comparison to the QVC stuff, very badly made.

I don't watch the shows, but I do like buying from QVC's web site because the videos give you a good idea of what a garment looks and hangs like in real life. And I like the candid reviews of other buyers. Garments sold on other online shopping sites always look pretty but never as realistic as clothing does in the QVC videos.

I don't buy appliances on QVC because I can always find them cheaper elsewhere.

And for me the romance of buying shoes online has faded. I've grown tired of returning shoes that don't fit, even from sites like Zappos, that lets you return for free. I'm back to doing all my shoe-shopping at brick-and-mortar stores. I don't even care if I pay more than I do online. I'm so sick of shipping back shoes that don't fit. Or arrive worn, or with the wrong size in the box.

Esteemed Contributor

I buy one or two things a month....that's about it.

Honored Contributor

I rarely watch, but ,I still buy. I like what I get, and I find the prices for what I buy, competitive