Honored Contributor

Re: Is anyone else watching/buying far less of QVC?

I think I"m spending less because I've bought most of what I need already. Unless there's some new thing that I just can't live without, I will just 'window shop'. The last Q thing I bought was that pretty lighted mercury glass tree from Valerie. It looked so pretty on the TV that I had to have it and I'm happy now.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I rarely watch QVC but I am buying more than I ever bought before.  I do most of my shopping online and QVC is another online store to me.  I don't care about the hosts or the vendors.  I only care about "the stuff" and I can see more of that by surfing QVC.com than I would ever see by watching the programming.  

I have a wish list from the items I see on-line. When a easy pay comes up or its on clearance I buy it. I always read reviews too.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

I definitely watch much less QVC and am actually purchasing less too.  Finally got to the point where I decide to buy on a need only basis.  

Trusted Contributor

Hooked on the Hallmark Channel.

Honored Contributor

Don't watch much. Have purchased some 'as is' items and a Christmas in July TSV.

Esteemed Contributor

Have not watched more than a few minutes at a time in years.

In the last two years, I've bought only one thing.

It used to be my background noise, or something I would watch to let my mind rest. 

No more.

Valued Contributor

been years since i bought anything  all over priced  plus s/h  im 89 so how much do i need ,

Super Contributor

Watch very little........lack of variety mostly. Can't watch LOGO anymore because of the hosts antics, which means I've saved a ton of money.

I do enjoy watching Valerie Parr Hill shows, but honestly, the quality of the items I've received the past couple of years has been hit or miss. That's disappointing because VPH's always brought such quality items in the past. Now they seem like the same, cheap, "Made in China" items you can find at the local brick and motar stores. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I are both retired - the last thing that either one of us wants to do is watch or listen to QVC or any other shopping channel daily or even occasionally! I check out the QVC recently aired videos for the few brands that I like. Personally, I enjoy the Q Forum more. If I'm looking for something, I know where to go online or to a B&M store. So to answer your question - I don't watch live QVC and I buy online when I need or like something....a lot less than I used to.

Honored Contributor

I only watch the fashion shows and buy clothes from QVC ... mostly summer clothes.  QVC just doesn't sell the kind of stuff that I wear in the winter.

I did happen to see a product on the home page last week (the folding bench) that was inexpensive and something I could use as a "catch-all" in the living room when I needed to quickly straighten up.

Otherwise ... I like SG's liquid knits, chiffons and LG, RG and LR items, and an occasional (once or twice a year) Bob Mackie piece.