Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Is anyone else offended?

I saw a Depend commercial today with a lady with just a shirt on and her Depend underwear.  Can't be any more offensive or embarrassing than that.   

Would I do it?  No, but I'm not a model and I'm too vain to see what I look like on TV.  I prefer the fantasy of my own mirror.  

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I stumbled on a forum/vlog discussing this topic regarding QVCUK. Apparently the camera crew "fight" to be the ones working the set when the underwear segments air because many of the garments become see through under the lights/in photographs. The majority of people working the set are men so they LOVE it. It was a wife of one of them discussing this.

I believe it because a year ago, I was looking for a seamless T-shirt bra on QVC.com. On air, you couldn't see through the garments (at least I couldn't) but in the photographs where you order on line, you could clearly see through the cups and panty; didn't matter the color of the garment or the model. I checked through a few others and shore enough, same thing. I alerted CS to it; don't know what happened. I've seen this same thing where you can see the bra through a top. Maybe they simply don't care.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

No, not offended. I like seeing how items fit on models, rather than just a mannequin.  They are just standing there showing the bras and panties. Not a big deal. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Rockycoast56  ITA, and the way people complain about the Q you know if they didn't show the models, then people would gripe  "how are we supposed to see how it looks/fits?"

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sharke wrote:

Yep, we'll all have nightmares tonight. LOL

Happy dance..............

dancing-cat-smiley-emoticon.gif

@sharke 

LOL! That looks more like a 'happy twerk' or 'happy hump' to me, God forbid David tries that one in a speedo!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Rockycoast56  ITA, and the way people complain about the Q you know if they didn't show the models, then people would gripe  "how are we supposed to see how it looks/fits?"

@KKJ   I did a short stint as a model in my late teens (didn't like it or the people involved so stopped) . The models can choose not to do undergarment presentations. You have to be comfortable doing it or it will show and not make for a good presentation. These models are fine.....and yes, people will gripe.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I may be called a lot of names but being called a prude definitely isn't one of them. I have no problem having models model underwear. Why should women be embarassed of their bodies? 

"Pure Michigan"
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand how anyone can find the human body offensive.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

So much angst about the human body.

@suzyQ3 

That's because we are a Puritanical society, we're we are taught to believe that the human body is dirty, evil and to be ashamed of.

Where is that being taught? I must have missed the class. I can assure you I have never heard anyone teaching that the human body is dirty and evil. I see some of the weirdest things posted here.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

So much angst about the human body.

@suzyQ3 

That's because we are a Puritanical society, we're we are taught to believe that the human body is dirty, evil and to be ashamed of.

Where is that being taught? I must have missed the class. I can assure you I have never heard anyone teaching that the human body is dirty and evil. I see some of the weirdest things posted here.

It's the mindset of a lot of people that has permeated our society ever since the days of Plymouth Rock.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.