Valued Contributor

Re: Is Your Walmart Doing a Bait and Switch Game?

I forgot in my post to mention that I asked one of the managers about substitutions.She said that the computer they use to mark your order gives them the closest thing to that item and that have to use that substitute.

Also grocery pickup will not accept tips at our Wal-Mart .We don't have delivery so I don't know bout it.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Walmart. The three Walmarts in my area of Snellville Georgia have once again decided that you can't get in the Stores without a mask. Even before that, I had not seen anyone without a mask.

Even the persons that are asking for money for whatever reason, had on their masks. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Walmart's computer system should retain an item in inventory when you select and pay for it on a pickup order.  Which they do not do.

They do allow you to substitute or not items, but  that you order then later find out that most of it was substituted or if not substituted unavailable but at a time too close to pickup to change the order.  That they could fix that in their computer system but choose not to.  It is simply a matter of inventory.

So like today, I had an order of around $130.  More than half of it turned up not available but too close to pickup to cancel the order.   So I've got half an order, the whole amount withheld on my credit card, items taken off one at a time so I have NO idea what the real receipt was, and I will have to order again.

It is a moot point whether I "should" do pickup, I have to. And no, other grocery store in my little town does pickup.

You are not shopping online were they are pulling from a warehouse, you are sending them your shopping list for someone to walk up and down the aisles.  Just like everyone else in the store at that moment you get what you can and what is available.

@CrazyDaisy 

I don't think she realizes that. 

No store can guarantee how long a new shipment of "whatever" will stay on the shelves.   I've seen whole aisles of paper products and cleaning supplies deplete rather quickly.  

Another possibility .... if they are taking things off the shelves for customers, it is probably filled in the order received.  If they have to fill 100 orders that day, and Sooner's order is number 94, she may be out of luck.  Bait and switch has nothing to do with the reality of the situation.

If she doesn't like the service, then she should get dressed and out early, and be at the store when the doors open.  Even then, there's no guarantee that all of an item didn't sell out yesterday.

@Sooner     Call that store manager and discuss the problem with them.  No one seems to be able to explain to you what is really going on ... or that it is happening everywhere.