Honored Contributor

Re: Is Your Neighborhood Planning a Picnic?

Back in the day when I was little, we used to have neighborhood block parties.  Those stopped while I was still in grade school.

We have never done anything like this since I've lived in my neighborhood.  

Honored Contributor

Quite a few of us suffer from heaing losses.  Those of us who cannot read lips would have some difficulty understanding what someone 6 feet away was saying.  Perhaps a game of Charades would work out? 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom   Our neighborhood has a summer party on the lake (we are a lake community) in August. We are waiting to hear if it will be allowed this year.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom   Do you live in PA?   If so or not, do you know the "restrictions" regarding picnics in the state?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Back in the day when I was little, we used to have neighborhood block parties.  Those stopped while I was still in grade school.

We have never done anything like this since I've lived in my neighborhood.  

@Lipstickdiva  WOW!  you brought back some sweet memories.  Sone sections of  Philly still have block parties.  However, they are not as good as they were "back in da day."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@PA Mom-mom   Do you live in PA?   If so or not, do you know the "restrictions" regarding picnics in the state?

@Mz iMac PA is all over the place. Our county is still on red and will go to yellow on Friday. But, my grandchildren, who live near Pittsburgh, have been told they will go back to school in the fall. There is no specific picnic rule, just a maximum amount of people who can gather. By Friday, ourdoor restaurants can repoen. That sounds like a picnic to me.

Honored Contributor

Eh no. Group picnics are generally potluck. Not the best moment for that. If you want to have everyone separated and spaced out on their own blankets and with their own hampers it might work. Make sure any kids wear their masks while playing to avoid superspreading among groups.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Right now, the only thing people in my neighborhood are planning is to survive.  With all this rioting and looting going on in Philadelphia, we just take it day by day.  Disgraceful behavior, once again, in the city of brotherly love.  

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

Absolutely not. People are not socializing casually. It's unsafe.

@noodleann Do you really think it will be unsafe in August? My grandchildren have been told they will be going back to school in September.

@PA Mom-mom , that's a very good question. Let me answer it with a question: 

Between now and then, what will have changed to make it safe? Your grandchildren are going back to school because--why? What exactly makes it safer for them to go to school in September than it was to go to school in March? 

I ask, because apart from the dithering CDC flip-flopping on the mask advice, I see no change that makes the world safer--and the masks work only if everyone wears them properly. (The new thing I'm seeing is to have your nose exposed, but you're "wearing a mask" because your mouth is covered.)

Esteemed Contributor

We don't do that stuff in Arizona either. Besides it's well over 100 degrees until late September. Our neighbors aren't that friendly. I doubt I could pick any of them out of a lineup and I've lived here over 33 years.