Honored Contributor

Re: Is Your Glass Half Empty or Full?

I don't remember where my glass is.

I just live one day at a time and mostly, my life is  pretty boring.  I like it that way.  I prefer to avoid drama.

Honored Contributor

@sgraham30 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@sgraham30 wrote:

@gertrudecloset, I look at mine as half empty, it's gotten that way over an extended period of time because of negative life experiences over the years that wore me down & shaped who I am. I am currently actively working with a therapist to learn how to think more positively & concentrate on the good, don't concentrate so much on the negative. 

@sgraham30   All the best to you.

The past is a prologue to today but the script can be re-written.  I sincerely extend my hope to you that you can turn the present around so that today's prologue will bring in a more peaceful and happy future.

@Cakers3,  thank you, that's much appreciated. I've got a lot of years of damage to undo, it's going to take time, I know that. I hope to come out of this as a better, more positive, forgiving, loving version of myself.

@sgraham30   You will.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Today it's almost empty.  Want to retire as I am a little over 65.  I have worked since I was 16 and babysat before that.  Never been laid off or out of  work.  My husband has a medical issue and I have to work for insurance.  He does nothing to help and doesn't even say it would be nice for you to retire.  I'm at my witt's end and don't know what I will do.  Right now I am planning on retiring on 6/1 and the heck with it.  What would he do if I left or died?  He'd have to figure it out.  I guess I'm just tired and sick of never receiving any support.  I guess I should be grateful that I can still work but all I want to do is spend some time with my grandchildren before it's too late.  

It is what it is!!!
Honored Contributor

Just happy that I have a glass.

Honored Contributor

@Nannerbelles wrote:

Today it's almost empty.  Want to retire as I am a little over 65.  I have worked since I was 16 and babysat before that.  Never been laid off or out of  work.  My husband has a medical issue and I have to work for insurance.  He does nothing to help and doesn't even say it would be nice for you to retire.  I'm at my witt's end and don't know what I will do.  Right now I am planning on retiring on 6/1 and the heck with it.  What would he do if I left or died?  He'd have to figure it out.  I guess I'm just tired and sick of never receiving any support.  I guess I should be grateful that I can still work but all I want to do is spend some time with my grandchildren before it's too late.  

Good for you.  You go Girl I will be thinking of you.Woman Wink

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Half empty.  Always has been.  Trying to change that though, but it seems to be getting harder and harder to do that.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m an optimist.  I can always find something for which to be grateful even on the bad days. I think we all have bad days where we do our best to muddle through. 

Valued Contributor

I always like to say half full, but so much has happened that I just don’t know anymore. However, I am thankful for so many things and even just to wake up in the morning. I pray to God for positive things for everyone, in 2022 and beyond.
Trusted Contributor

No matter what is going on or has gone on in my life, I  have been a glass half full person.

Esteemed Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

I’m an optimist.  I can always find something for which to be grateful even on the bad days. I think we all have bad days where we do our best to muddle through. 

@cotton4me  you understand the meaning of the question.  My question was about your inherent qualities, not your day to day feelings.  We all have day to day ups and downs.  Thank you for sharing.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life