Respected Contributor

Re: Is This Your Local Post Office?

I go to the post office a lot, my husband sells on EBAY.  There is always a large, wheeled cart sitting outside a door where people who prepaid their packages can drop off (and also because the 2 other metal bins are full and don't open).  This cart is always beyond full.  Almost falling over.  Once in a while the door opens where it's been sitting and I can see back there and that is how it looks.  What a mess.  

Honored Contributor

Just did my daily tracking of the the box I mailed to my friend last Thursday, exactly one week ago.  

It's going one town over,  10 miles tops. 

It left my post office last Thursday at 6 PM and went to the Atlanta distribution center.  As of today, it's still there.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

A relative of mine lives in Washington state. This happened nearby their town. I imagine a lot of people won't be getting their Christmas packages this year.

20201216-173714-Mail truck fire.jpeg

20201216-173925-mailtruck Dec 2020.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I've seen these kind of pics before.  They are hubs locations.  It's been going on for months.  I live in a small town so mine doesn't look like this, but I am aware that when I mail something it's headed to this nightmare.  I tried to limit what I mailed this year.  I have a package stuck in one of these hubs right now.  Once I got the delay message, the tracking was over.  It's ridiculous!  I saw an article talking about this situation.  There is a big strain on the mail system.  The part I don't like are the stories I hear about about mail being opened and stolen from.  That makes me angry!  I personally know people who had money stolen from envelopes.  No excuse for that! 

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh   My daughter has a package that has been sitting in the Atlanta Peachtree distribution center since 11-24 with tracking still showing it is in transit.  

Respected Contributor

I almost think that some of the post offices in the metro locations need to stop accepting parcels until after 12/25. The ones at the bottom of the piles  have probably been sitting there for weeks and will never get delivered if they just keep throwing more parcels on top. 

Esteemed Contributor

😮 I have no words.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖