Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I believe that will reach that amount over a 5 year span when this new contract runs out.

Included in the figure are health benefits and pension contributions.

@Cakers3. That's not the way it's  being described in news reports.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

We don't need another college educated "gender studies" graduate who lives in their parent's basement. We need people willing to work. Good for them.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because link

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

I don't know.

UPS said the average full-time driver would earn about $170,000 (£135,000) annually, including healthcare and other benefits, by the end of the five-year contract.

That is up from about $145,000 now.

This discussion could include sports, performers, stock brokers, lawyers, celebrities, CEO, inherited wealth...............

@granddi. We're  discussing unskilled labor with minimal education.  Should ditch diggers, janitors, road pavers also be paid $170,000?  Why not?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I don't think so. When you take into account health benefits, SS, union dues and taxes, and longevity on the job, it is probably a fair salary. I am so grateful for the UPS drivers in my location. Everything from qvc arrives in good condition. Nohing is left in the office or at the back door of the building. It is difficult for me to carry large bulky packages the equivalent of a city block and having them arrive at my front door is something I won't put a price on. Even with Amazon Prime  and clear directions, Amazon drivers will not accommodate my address, nor will fed ex. So thank you UPS and Victor and Dakota. 

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

They said pay and benefits. Are they adjusting the salary by putting a price on the benefits, including the value of the benefits in the $170,000.00? At that pay scale, we will have kids not bothering with college.😳

@Trinity11 Not everyone is cut out to go to college.  That doesn't mean they shouldn't make a comfortable living for a hard day's work. 

I never said they don't @ninjawife . 🙄Just thinking how expensive college can be and how this could be a different choice with a liveable wage.

Esteemed Contributor

What they are still voting on would raise full time, union member's base to about 102,00 at the end of six years. 

Looks like the bulk of the hike could be pension.  Anyone remember United Airlines??  

Bunch of fluff.  

Valued Contributor
Until housing costs go down, salaries will need to increase to compensate for the ever-growing homeless population. People should make enough money to at least pay their bills but that is becoming increasingly difficult for many.
Honored Contributor

And where does this leave people on fixed incomes? Rising pay scales only drives the wedge deeper between classes of society. 

Trusted Contributor

I am glad they got a good contract.

Do I think they should get paid more than college professors?  No.  However, nothing is final yet.

One thing I think we can assume is that UPS rates will go up to help pay for this.