Super Contributor

Re: Is There An Age After Which Women Should Just Go With Their Gray Hair?

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

What I do with my hair is nobody's business but mine.  If you don't like it, well you have the problem not me. 

:-)  Have a great weekend @BlingQueen022!

Super Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

[Removed by Moderator - Quoted Content from Deleted Posts.]

@mstyrion 1  I so love your avatar.  I'm a huge cat fan.  I have two beautiful male cats named Maxx and Tony that are brothers.  Thank you so much for your post.  I wasn't meant to be snarky in any way.  I don't want to ruin this thread started by the poster.  That's not fair.  I wish you a great weekend and keep that cute avatar you have. I love it.  It puts a smile one's face when they see it.  It's that cute. 

I like her avatar too and yours as well!  :-) 

Have a great day, one and all!

Esteemed Contributor

@charvale wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

What I do with my hair is nobody's business but mine.  If you don't like it, well you have the problem not me. 

:-)  Have a great weekend @BlingQueen022!

@charvale Thank you Charvale!  Have a fabulous one yourself.  Anytime away from work is a weekend lol.  

Respected Contributor

@charvale wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

[Removed by Moderator - Quoted Content from Deleted Posts.]

@mstyrion 1  I so love your avatar.  I'm a huge cat fan.  I have two beautiful male cats named Maxx and Tony that are brothers.  Thank you so much for your post.  I wasn't meant to be snarky in any way.  I don't want to ruin this thread started by the poster.  That's not fair.  I wish you a great weekend and keep that cute avatar you have. I love it.  It puts a smile one's face when they see it.  It's that cute. 

I like her avatar too and yours as well!  :-) 

Have a great day, one and all!

Thanks, Ladies.

I have two littermate sister cats.  One, a Tuxedo and the other a giant all black beauty.  The avatar reminded me of my black kitty because sometimes all you can see are her eyes!

Have a great weekend!

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

IMO, not all grays are created equal, and many factors contribute to the decision.  How does your gray shade look with your skin tone?  Do you have an excessive amount of wrinkles?  What haircut style do you have?   How does your work life influence your decision?  Can you afford the maintenance?   

Frankly, I think the age "number" has very little to do with this decision.

Trusted Contributor

@culebra wrote:

Unless you have a beautiful color of gray which are few and far between, I would either go blond or dye your a hair.  Gray hair is generally quite aging.

And, I whole heartedly agree with your position.  It is much easier and believeable to go lighter, and, the grey is easier to cover and does not show. Also, I deeply resent another woman telling me that I should go grey or when I should go grey.  Do you ever hear men saying stuff like that to each other?

Honored Contributor

@Deanie wrote:

@culebra wrote:

Unless you have a beautiful color of gray which are few and far between, I would either go blond or dye your a hair.  Gray hair is generally quite aging.

And, I whole heartedly agree with your position.  It is much easier and believeable to go lighter, and, the grey is easier to cover and does not show. Also, I deeply resent another woman telling me that I should go grey or when I should go grey.  Do you ever hear men saying stuff like that to each other?

@Deanie  No!  They are too busy talking about sports, which I never talk about! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Deanie wrote:

@culebra wrote:

I really could not care any less what anyone does to their hair or what color they color it etc etc. It's their hair! What really gets to me are the constant digs at those of us who chose to let our hair go natural grey that we look so old - when , in fact, no one here has a clue at all what we look like. It's the "you have no right to put me down for coloring my hair -- but I  reserve the right to put you down as much as I please telling you that you've let yourself go or you look ancient because you have grey hair." attitude that makes me so mad.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

IMO, not all grays are created equal, and many factors contribute to the decision.  How does your gray shade look with your skin tone?  Do you have an excessive amount of wrinkles?  What haircut style do you have?   How does your work life influence your decision?  Can you afford the maintenance?   

Frankly, I think the age "number" has very little to do with this decision.

Agree 100%.  And FWIW to the "it's aging" proponents, My hair has been white for 15+ years and I am consistently believed and guessed by those who know me only casually, or strangers, to be at least 10 years younger than I am. Thanks to genes (I take no credit) I don't have a wrinkle on my face. I certainly look 'of a certain age' but I'm not the age people routinely guess. I'm very content with that.

And yes, if I had unlimited funds, I probably would still be coloring my hair.  But I don't (have unlimited funds) and I used to really hate the time involved in the process.

Still, as others have said, to each their own for their own reasons.  

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

No.