Contributor

Is There A Down Side to this Living Situation?

I have a lead on a house in a very nice neighborhood that I may be able to get for a good price. The owner lives in Florida and is interested in selling in the fall - which is soon. A mutual friend contacted this owner for me.

The assessed value is only slightly out of my price range. The house is in great shape, about 50 year's old, 4 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, 2-car garage, and is a large ranch. I have asked my 75-year-old mother if she would be interested in leaving her small co-op and moving in with me. She was very excited. I am single / no boyfriend. I was going to move to a "new" house anyway.

I cannot see a downside since we both get along great. She's a healthy, spry, wonderful woman. We would be very close to her great grandchildren that she sees every week. She would just contribute the $300 / month that she currently pays in rent. I would never leave her (to marry someone). She could stay with me forever.

Other than I'm messy; she's not or I'm always cold; she's not, do you see any major deal breakers that I haven't seen? Thanks!