Respected Contributor

Re: Is Shopping in Brick-and-Mortar Stores in Anyone's Thanksgiving Day Plans?

I just got home from shopping.  Had a great time and got some nuce things.  It's just me and my mother, so we've made it our tradition to go out shopping.  We love it.

Honored Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

I just got home from shopping.  Had a great time and got some nuce things.  It's just me and my mother, so we've made it our tradition to go out shopping.  We love it.

Sounds like fun. I might have taken my mom shopping too had our local TJX stores been open but they weren't. I don't think either of us was in a mall mood... I'm not one of those who thinks it's sacrosanct that stores be closed on Thanksgiving. I know in years gone by I've picked up some great buys after dinner and before calling it a day... The stores were relatively quiet and well stocked... I'd have been more likely to shop today than tomorrow, which is a whole other story and odds are I'll skip it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I don’t shop on Thanksgiving.

Esteemed Contributor

While others go out in the madness on Black Friday, I stay home and put up our Christmas decorations.   Every year.   I do prefer to stop in stores and not online, but will wait.   I'll hit the stores early on weekday mornings when there are no crowds in early Dec.    

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I didn’t shop on Thanksgiving, and I am not shopping today. My family used to shop the Friday after, but not anymore. It was such a pain finding a parking space and dealing with crowds. We don’t exchange gifts so need to shop. As far as buying something for myself, it can wait a few days. I have no desire to go anywhere near a retail establishment until after the holiday weekend is over. 

Respected Contributor

I went to Kohl’s, Target, and Ulta with my mother last night.
Esteemed Contributor

Not really--only an outside mall here and relatives only my son. I have too many orders here for quacker reduced. Wanted to see how they are. The prices seem much lower. I shopped too much.