New Contributor

Re: Is QVC main channel no longer 24/7 live?

By stale I mean resorting to repeating same show for hours through the night. Would it be that hard to show something different each hour through the night instead of the same flipping program hour after hour? If your not going to be live, can’t you at least mix up the recorded shows? Many of the other channels rerun programs from earlier in the evening.
Super Contributor

Teri Conn (SP?) formerly of As The World Turns is one of the newer overnight hosts from the past 6 months, wonder how she feels about this?! Wow is all I can say.
Maybe the hosts receive a "cut" in salary if this "works" in QVC's favor (the almighty dollar/bottom line)? Except for the Senior hosts, doubt they can cut their salaries.
Still, makes me think perhaps Jill Bauer knew what was coming and partly why she left (other than to be with family which is great!), just in the nick of time - miss her greatly!
Personally as a LONG time viewer/ shopper of QVC, not overly impressed. Ugh.
Super Contributor

One or two times I heard SK and another host say they make the same amount of money lol no matter how many of a particular item during their show is sold, but don't know if that's true. It could be however, if they don't have big numbers during their shifts, not good for when contract time comes up lol.
Super Contributor

@Foxxee totally 1000% agree! For one thing how INCREDIBLY LONG it now takes for so many items to ship, and arrive at your home in comparison to say, Amazon, is completely ridiculous and surely isn't helping matters. I can't believe I'm the only one put off by that.
Also of course, the shipping charges in general are way off to do with what many other online shopping companies offer which is a competitor for QVC, sadly.
I sure hope QVC gets back on track.... but I've been sensing a definite decline recently and wasn't even on these forums... so if I'm noticing, sure many others are as well.
Contributor

JUST WATCHING TODAY, OCT 9TH, TSV. I HAVD BEEN UP SINCE 3AM ET AND IT IS NOW LITTLE AFTER 5AM ET. NOTICED IT IS BEING REPEATED NOW FOR THE THIRD TIME. IT IS ABSOLUTELY BORING. IT IS WHAT HSN DOES. HATE IT. THIS IS WHY.....WE GET UP EARLY AND SOMETIMES I CANNOT SLEEP AT NIGHT. WE WOULD TURN QVC ON BECAUSE THERE ARE NO COMMERCIALS AND I WOULD DO SHOPPING. I WILL NOT WATCH A SHOW THREE OR MORE TIMES. WHY WOULD I. I DO NOT WATCH HSN BECAUSE OF THAT I WILL NOT WATCH QVC. WHAT IS WRONG WITH QVC. ALSO I HATE THE NEW SHOPPING CART. QVC SURELY WILL BE LOSING CUSTOMERS INSTEAD OF GAINING.
New Contributor

This overnight rerun stuff is messed up. Did they fire all the newer show hosts? I quit watching hsn for this reason. I loved seeing all the clearance items & small quantity items overnight.
Contributor

Also, yes we pay more in shipping but get the worse service ever. It is slow and packages come in smashed and partially open in cheap boxes and cheap bags. It is ashame and it should not be called QVC any longer...it is no longer convenient and no quality or value either.
New Contributor

I am very sorry to hear about pre-recorded at anytime!  As I have sleeping problems, I can always turn on QVC and watch.  Watching the second time around is not good.  Please keep your program always live.  Thanks.

What a disappointment! I'm up at 5:00 every morning & enjoy turning on QVC while getting ready for work, I'm not interested in previously recorded programs👎🏻 

Super Contributor

I think the curtain is closing on shopping channels folks.  Less and less live on air and more repeat video and online videos.  Would not shock me if the TV channels went away and they just showed videos hosted by young people trying to break into broadcasting. It wouldn’t shock me if they just got paid as contractors per video and the show host role disappears.  They must have been in long term decline to have to do this.  The live programming in my eye gave them an edge over others, but guess I will be hitting Amazon more and more.  Jill saw the writing on the wall and left so she’d have a job by the time her former co workers flooded the market.   It’s sad because a lot of people will be getting pink slips in West Chester 😾