Honored Contributor

Re: Is QVC main channel no longer 24/7 live?

I still think that there would be more 'Sale' or 'Reduced' prices.

Maybe even no significent price increases.

Also, having only one channel would be ideal (since I don't have Q2 or Q3).  Maybe many others don't have those channels, too.  

Well, all we can do is 'wait and see'.

But folks in favor of all live 24 hrs. a day, I hope don't complain about the possibility of price increases, etc..

If it's a matter of declining sales,  many companies will do something somewhat drastic to solve their problem.  

It's very clear that I'm not familiar with all of the financial/corporation options.

Let's all hope for the best.

I sure enjoy the QVC perks, such as this Community.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

i am not surprised at any of this. i don't know why they will only rerun the midnight tsv show. any show that they tape would be better then the same one for several hours, but that is what hsn does also.

i guess overnight sales have dropped a lot. interesting though, that 'trial' is being done now, at the start of the holiday shopping season.

other then qvc, prior to this week, i can't think of a channel that is live 24/7/365.

from a business perspective, it makes sense. i don't think that the viewership and sales are like it was 4 or 5 years ago. people are tired and have more responsibilities. as the basic household bills (gas, electric, cable, property taxes etc) keep going up at a faster rate. so many people have less money to spend, on top of trying to save for retirement and buy food.

and now, many of the products can be purchased elsewhere for less, or the same price with free shipping. that wasn't the case 10 years ago.

and these days, many people do not like waiting 7-10 days or more for something to arrive.

i hate to say it, but out of everywhere i shop online, their packages always take the longest to arrive. and i suspect that i am not the only one that knows this.

i don't think they are going out of business any time soon, just doing a major reorg and getting rid of what isn't producing what they expected.

as many before me have said, not addressing what customers are saying, is a problem. they had a loyal following, but i think that has changed.

New Contributor

I just noticed that too !!  I don’t like it all.  Yes, now they are mirroring HSN, ugh.  I wake up early in the morning and love to watch the Q - it is just not same being a replay.   So many changes that I don’t like.  And I worry that all our old original hosts are being replaced by new younger/hipper versions.  What happened to Dan Hughes?  He used to be on all the time.  Now I barely ever see him.  Sorry for the rant.  Just not liking all the changes.  The Q is turning into the HSN2 - not a good thing.

Esteemed Contributor

My understanding is that hosts are not paid commissions on sales, but rather nice salary increases or year end bonuses based upon performance.  I've read that here over the years from posters who seem to have the inside knowledge.

Also, I can't believe the posters who think that their lifestyle is the one all others are suppose to adhere to!  How arrogant and solipsistic can you be?

Just because I awake at 4 am to get ready for the day doesn't make me abnormal.

Respected Contributor

@Marp I said Prime Time meaning 8 to 11PM because that is what network TV considers Prime Time. That is when they put on all the new shows. I understand people are on different schedules but there are other things besides QVC. You can always check what items were shown anytime if you are afraid you will miss something. Nothing much new & exciting on QVC that I am clamoring to watch 24 hours a day.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw another thread about this yesterday, now not sure where it was. But, my thought was it was just a few taped shows in the wee hours of the morning. By wee hours I mean 2 or 3 in the morning.

It was a taped show of Shawn and the tsv socks this morning here at 5:00AM. I was surprised and disappointed.

Honored Contributor

I’m a little late reading this thread. I read just a few of the posts last night. 

I was shocked when I turned on QVC this morning at 6:20 (Eastern) to see that it was STILL recorded programming. Many people are up by 5:00, if not earlier, getting ready to go to work and start their days. I think 7:00 is WAY too late to start live programming. 

Since I have not paid close enough attention, are they running the same ONE show hour after hour overnight?

In any case, I don’t know why they don’t listen to and implement some of the suggestions some of us have given here the past year or so. 

I took my ipad with my a few times in the last few weeks to walk. On a few days, I was walking on a treadmill so I propped my iPad up on the treadmill and watched QVC live. I start walking at 8:00. For the love of Mike, shorten the length of the presentations. Since I walk at 8:00, I got caught with the TSV each day. 30 full minutes on a set of sheets or some (yet more) outdoor lights. I just don’t have the need or the desire or the attention span to watch presentations that long. So, I tune out.....and I don’t tune back in.  They’re sheets. I’ve bought many a set of sheets at local stores and haven’t spent a half hour or more making the decision. 

In any case, I think adding so many hours or recorded reruns is telling. And 3 channels.  And very little variety in merchandise. And endlessly long presentations. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
New Contributor

Bad idea!

New Contributor

I agree.  TOO much Josie and argon oil.  Has she purchased a portion of QVC

New Contributor

Seems QVC is really slipping.  Product variety is lower (same old ******).  Repeats during the night (I know it’s a trial but they must need it or wouldn’t try)

the online sights are hurting them and they should.  QVC needs lessons on developing better web sights that are easy to use and respond well.  They also need to review their shipping methods.  Amazon a day or two, QVC a week or more

Seems since they purchased HSN things have gone South.  Are they getting too big for their britches?