Contributor

Re: Is QVC main channel no longer 24/7 live?

QVC on the whole has gotten worse.  It's always the same products, IT Cosmetics, Josie Maran, Philosophy, computers, & vacuums.  So tired of it all; never anything new.  Now they are showing the same product till 7 a.m!  Absurd!  What about the people on the West Coast or Hawaii?  They are going to lose more customers than they already have been.  I know I don't watch as much.  Same thing with HSN.  Plus the quality control isn't there anymore and Susan Gravers' prices on tops are getting ridiculous.  I don't buy much anymore from the Q and I've been a customer since they were CVN!

Valued Contributor

I just noticed this yesterday.  It was 3:30 a.m., I couldn't sleep, so turned on the TV and Domier was on, which seemed odd.  Now I read this.  If you think reruns late at night is annoying, I switched to HSN and was watching Wolfgang Puck and they rebroadcasted the same show at least two times in a row after showing the original!!!  That's 3 times in a row showing the same show!  Sadly, QVC is beoming HSN, who I do not care for at all, instead of the other way around and is going down hill.  Even hosts, who in the past had individual followings, are not as good as those from past years.  They have too many of them now and most are b-o-r-i-n-g!  Whoever thought it was a good idea to repeat shows later at night is in for a rude awakening (pardon the pun).  

A smarter thing to do if they are serious about this change and it saves them money is to alternate taped TSV presentations with programs from these other channels they've started. I do not watch them, or even know where to find them, so if other people are also not watching QVC2 or 3, then run those products overnight. At least it wouldn't be so repetititve. 

Wow. This move will kill QVC. Live overnight programming was EVERTHING! It's the brand idenity! I did 99% of my purchases around 3am. Now all the channels are cheap extended infomercials on an endless loop. If they don't bring back live overnight programming, I'm out. As in done. This move is a slap in the face for loyal customers that clearly are no longer VALUED by QVC.
Frequent Contributor

I think It is a good idea.  I sometimes wake up in the wee hours and tune in before falling back to sleep.  So it is often a brand new show for me as I only watch sporadically in the day.  The other two major shopping shows have been doing this for years and it makes sense not to hire a full staff to work the graveyard shift and better for the hosts so they can have more normal lives with their families.  I say keep it going!

Long Time Shopper, over 30 years 

Esteemed Contributor

Wall Street analysts currently project a sales revenue drop of 8%-10% year over year for the quarter ended 9/30.

This move is not  going to help them turn around such a steep revenue decline.  They are in serious fiscal trouble and this move of desperation is not a life saving technique: just an inner tube to keep it afloat until the air is all gone.

Trusted Contributor

@Cookie 2017 wrote:

All these are government jobs these companies are owned by the elites just like amazon Qvc, Hsn, ShopHq and JTV are all run by the government. 

@Cookie 2017 Not really, but if some people get their way they’ll be picking out your doctor for you. That won’t work for me.

Occasional Contributor

I have some difficulty sleeping due to illness. QVC has always been there to keep me company during the overnight hours. Others I know, that work shifts, would also watch during that time. The show hosts would often comment on that being one of the good things about the network. Now they are showing reruns of the midnight show! This seems to be a downward spiral. Many of the best hosts have left, Jill Bauer being one of them. Other long time hosts are given odd hours and products to demonstrate.They have hired new hosts that scream and rant and actually become so obnoxious that I turn it off. Watching Kirsten yell and scream over a green beverage or exercise equipment is so annoying. I saw Jane Tracey do the same thing over food and shoes this evening. That fake enthusiasm does nothing for me, but irritate. If this is part of their new training, it isn't working. Being pleasant and giving good descriptions of products was one reason why the Q was successfull. The prices have also increased drastically. I think they are pricing themselves out of the market. I also think having so many channels now is proving to be too much. Wasn't having a GREAT QVC better than 3 medicore channels? Buying HSN seems to have been a mistake too. Since the purchase they have made so many changes in programming, staff, and products that are just not going in the right direction. I think their long time, over 30 years, watchers and purchasers, are becoming disenchanted  with what is happening. Being able to buy a reasonably priced Denim and Company top was welcome. Now I can just look at the really nice Logo and dream. $70-$90 for a top is beyond my fixed income. When is QVC going to realize that this is no longer Quality, Value, and Convenience? Hopefully they will get the message soon. 

Occasional Contributor

As a person that often watches overnight, this is a disaster for the network. I am finding myself watching other things instead. It is not the way to generate more viewers nor keep your regular watchers. You have hired many hosts and have started, in my opinion, too many channels. A GREAT QVC was much better than this.

Occasional Contributor

Mary Beth is not OLD! Just because she is one of the more seasoned hosts does not make her less effective. I have watched QVC since it started and love seeing her. She does a wonderful job!