Is QVC main channel no longer 24/7 live?

Just noticed Flexibelle TSV FROM 12am-7am! Is QVC now mirroring HSN? We already have QVC3 and portions of Beauty IQ/QVC2 with reruns. What gives?!
Honored Contributor

Re: Is QVC main channel no longer 24/7 live?

There have been several posts on this over the past couple of days.  Evidently, this is a 4-week "trial". (Yeah, right!)

Honored Contributor

It is not and I've been trying to post my dissatisfaction on nearly every post on this subject. I think QVC is a failing network as evidenced by the repetition of the same old products.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

The demise of home shopping networks on TV is clearly on the horizon and has been for a while now. The retail landscape and shopper population has shifted to a younger crowd where TVs are no longer a tool used to purchase stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

If it's Josie live or Josie taped............it's still Josie - Josie - Josie.  I use her products but -- -- - we're drowning in repeated presentations and buzz words.  At least I am.

Honored Contributor

We’re testing a potential change to our overnight programming. Effective Monday, October 7, 2019, QVC US will commence a multi-week pilot on our main channel, moving to previously aired programming in our overnight hours. The pilot will commence at 2am ET Monday, Oct. 7, at which time our main QVC channel will begin to re-air the midnight hour (inclusive of the TSV) from 2–7am ET every day. We will evaluate the performance over the next four weeks to determine impact and value of moving forward with a permanent, pre-aired approach.

Thank you

Beth QVC

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45   Thanks for this information.  Another way of saying.... for the next 4 weeks QVC will be testing if we are making more money by repeat airing and not paying for hosts OR continuing the pattern of paying for hosts throughout the night.   $$$$ will determine the answer.

Honored Contributor

That's not surprising.

Their programming is so stale anyway. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don;t think they're saving any money (yet) with the hosts not being on air.

I assume they're salaried and are paid whether on air or not.  

If I worked that overnight shift I'd be on my social media begging viewers not to purchase anything for awhile!