Occasional Contributor

Re: Is QVC main channel no longer 24/7 live?

I don’t like it. It’s bad enough qvc2 and qvc3 are mostly repeats, but this pilot is horrible cuz it’s the exact same show for HOURS!  At least when HSN does repeats, they piece together different products from different shows.  

Super Contributor

This is nonsense. They tried running pre-recorded shows on QVC Main once before and the complaints nearly brought the house down.And now they want to run five straight hours of the TSV?

Hello, QVC, haven't you heard us complaining that the TSV already gets too much screen time? All the complaints about an hour of a Vitamix, or a computer, or a KitchenAid appliance, or a tablet, or an Echo, or a vacuum, or an air fryer, or a mattress? Now you're going to swamp us with it for five hours straight? In what universe does this make sense?

Don't you realize that people record overnight programming and shop from it when they get up, or when they come home from work, in the case of people who work overnights? I check my DVR while I'm having my first mug of tea in the morning (around 5am), and often place orders.

Running five hours of the TSV won't increase your bottom line one iota. It will, howver, tick off a lot of loyal customers. You're already seeing that effect.

Super Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

These are not prime time viewing times for anyone in any time zone. Do you people get up in the middle of the night to shop? Most people sleep then get up & go to work. Maybe some of you should try it. I remember when all TV stations went off the air overnight. They would play the Nation Anthem & sign off until morning.

TV stations no longer go off the air overnight -- and we have hundreds of channels as opposed to a handful.

As to whether they're prime viewing times or not, people record the shows they'te not awake for or not home for. Do you think every Valerie Parr Hill fan is watching her 1-3 am shows? No -- but plenty of items on those shows sell out beore the sun comes up because customers DVR them, then get up and watch the recording, and shop on the website (I'm one of them -- our dogs usually have me up by then, so I stay up and make my tea, then watch TV).

Super Contributor

NBC airs The Early Today Show at 3:30 am to catch early risers on the east coast. (Some affiliates do air it later.) 

Then, Today in New York starts at 4 a.m.  In the NYC metropolitan area many, many people are awake and getting ready for the day.  I watch a bit of news and then frequently switched to HSN or QVC.  I'm often on the subway by 5:30 and it is packed!

And yes, I would make purchases during the Clearance Shows.

Some posters should grasp that not everyone sleeps the hours they do or as deeply or soundly as they seem to.

When we lived in NJ, I watched Today in New York every morning, I got up at 4am to go to the gym before work (I didn't have to be at work until 8:30 and I only had an 8-minute drive), and if I wasn't on the way to Planet Fitness, I was at the computer with the TV on.

I've made plenty of purchases from the kitchen clearance and garden clearance shows - I've gotten great stuff from both. QVC has NOT thought this move through very well -- if at all.

Super Contributor

@Michelleqvc wrote:
They’re likely saving money on the behind the scene production team eho are likely freelancers as well. Nothing worse than having a Groundhog Day moment all night long. Can’t they at least out reruns of QVC2 on during those hours. No one gets that channel.

I get QVC2, and we had BeautyIQ from the beginning, So don't say no one gets that channel, because people certaily do.

Respected Contributor

@kathya1119 wrote:

@Michelleqvc wrote:
They’re likely saving money on the behind the scene production team eho are likely freelancers as well. Nothing worse than having a Groundhog Day moment all night long. Can’t they at least out reruns of QVC2 on during those hours. No one gets that channel.

I get QVC2, and we had BeautyIQ from the beginning, So don't say no one gets that channel, because people certaily do.

Sorry, but you're wrong.  I don't get qvc2 or any other Q channel but the main one.  I have Comcast cable.  They only carry their main channel.  That's fine with me.  I don't watch qvc 24/7.  

Super Contributor

The good news is that if QVC decides to take feedback from the forums seriously, they can examine complaints like yours, and check your account to make sure you’re actually spending money during the overnight hours rather than just complaining because you don’t like reruns.

Uh, no. You don't have to watch live to make a purchase from the overnight shows. There's this neat invention called the DVR, which a lot of us put to good use. I even have shows set to tape automatically so they record with no input from me.

A lot of the lines I purchase from have regular overnight shows -- Lock and Lock, Urban Decay, VPH, BareMinerals, Laura Geller, Philosophy, the kitchen clearance shows, Mark Charles Misilli -- all are regularly on in the overnight hours. NO, I don't stay up to watch them live -- I go to bed between 9 and 10 and get up between 4 and 5. I make a big mug of tea, turn on the TV in my office, give our Bassets their morning treats, and check the DVR to see what recorded overnight, then watch the shows to see if anything appeals to me. So no, my account won't shw me shopping at 2 or 3 am, but it WILL show I purchased from the shows that aired then.

Super Contributor

You’re right. How dare I express my logical opinion by continuing to remind people that this was a well thought out financial decision made by the company that shouldn’t be taken personally by insomniacs who think a shopping network exists to keep them company at night rather than to sell them stuff. Wrong. I have just as much a right to speak the truth of the situation as you do to ignore the facts and try to make it about the network doing anything but something good to ensure its longevity and financial success. 

Well-thought-out? Apparently no one remembers when the Q tried this a few years ago (but with a block of different pre-recorded shows instead of 5 hours of the same hour over and over again), and stopped within a short period of time due to the uproar from customers.

Super Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

Remember the anticipation of a Leslie visit for Bare Escentuals,

Those were the days, before Shiseido bought the company and Leslie left. I still use the original loose foundation, but I find myself using a lot of products from other companies, because BE is no longer the company I fell in love with over 15 years ago

Valued Contributor

@kathya1119 wrote:

The good news is that if QVC decides to take feedback from the forums seriously, they can examine complaints like yours, and check your account to make sure you’re actually spending money during the overnight hours rather than just complaining because you don’t like reruns.

Uh, no. You don't have to watch live to make a purchase from the overnight shows. There's this neat invention called the DVR, which a lot of us put to good use. I even have shows set to tape automatically so they record with no input from me.

A lot of the lines I purchase from have regular overnight shows -- Lock and Lock, Urban Decay, VPH, BareMinerals, Laura Geller, Philosophy, the kitchen clearance shows, Mark Charles Misilli -- all are regularly on in the overnight hours. NO, I don't stay up to watch them live -- I go to bed between 9 and 10 and get up between 4 and 5. I make a big mug of tea, turn on the TV in my office, give our Bassets their morning treats, and check the DVR to see what recorded overnight, then watch the shows to see if anything appeals to me. So no, my account won't shw me shopping at 2 or 3 am, but it WILL show I purchased from the shows that aired then.

@kathya1119  If you’re saying you used to DVR overnight shows to to shop later on, then you, and anyone else, can DVR those same shows at any time of day. Your whole argument for live overnight programming is self-contradicting and just plain moot.