Frequent Contributor

Re: Is QVC main channel no longer 24/7 live?

[ Edited ]

I don’t fit in your box.  60 something woman, retired, bouts of insomnia.  Come to think of it, I bet that’s a huge chunk of QVC customers.  When I can’t sleep I turn to QVC and yes, I have ordered in the middle of the night.  In fact, got an item in the color and size I needed that was later sold out and no longer available.  The other night I woke up, turned on QVC.  Once I realized it was “ previously recorded”, I thought WHAT? Never saw that before on QVC.   I then looked for something else to watch and turned the channel.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sunshine,

It certainly appears that the camel has gotten its nose into the tent. 

(Sunshine's marvelous comment that is appended to her posts:  "If the camel once gets his nose in the tent, his body will soon follow." - Arab Proverb)

Contributor

Isn't this why QVC2 and QVC3 exist to show repeat shows. I don't understand why the main channel would do this. I thought thats why they hire new hosts to make them work graveyard to keep the channel running 24/7. 

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here :-) 

Honored Contributor

@cyn2009 wrote:

Isn't this why QVC2 and QVC3 exist to show repeat shows. I don't understand why the main channel would do this. I thought thats why they hire new hosts to make them work graveyard to keep the channel running 24/7. 

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here :-) 

@cyn2009 

HI and WELCOME!  .....and I agree with what you said!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

They might as well just ditch QVC and tell people to go to You Tube.  I don't like the changes at QVC - the new hosts, repeats ad nauseum in terms of TSVs and products in general.  The timing of this seems odd as West Coast people should at least get live programming til midnight.  And enough people are awake on the East coast at 6am.  I rarely bought during the show when I watched 4-5 while getting dressed but many times I would see an item and note the item number or go to Items Recently on Air and order the item.  If QVC keeps all this data  proving they sell nothing during these hours they probably shouldn't even need this "experiment".  It sounds like a guessing game.  I can shop with my feet.

Occasional Contributor

If QVC isn’t making them enough money why are they buying HSN?

It seems to me they have increased operating costs a great deal with so much personnel to have 3 Channels.  Customers have tried telling them that they aren’t doing as well because they keep eliminating things customers actually value for things they decide we value.  For a great many years, since it’s inception, I did most of my shopping on the Q. They actually had Value on the majority of things, not so much anymore.  They had terrific variety and the TSV was a Special Event,  nearly  always new instead of the same ones repeatedly and for such long periods of time.   They were so convenient for people who worked shift work, like hospitals, first responders, people up with babies, West Coast shoppers, busy people who had long days before they could get to shopping but they knew the Q was there when they could try to shop.  

If business is is down in a supposedly strong economy, perhaps they aren’t meeting customer expectations and need to listen to customers more and look at what is different from when they were more successful.  Where is Barry Dillar when you need him.

Respected Contributor

Another Amazon victim???  ( I love Amazon)

Regular Contributor

Repeating a one hour program all night long is just insulting.  I hate it!

Regular Contributor

Don't like what QVC is doing with pre-recorded shows on the main channel. 

Respected Contributor

QVC used to have products at better values than elsewhere due to its buying power.  i don't find that to be true now.

QVC used to introduce cutting edge products before they were seen elsewhere. i am not aware this is the case any more.

QVC used to bring special products, not run of the mill things seen everywhere. this doesn't happen very often.

for me the channel has become a never-ending show of plain color t-s, 90 zillion styles of jeans, infomercials for Josie, WEN, RIng, Tracfone, mattresses, Denim&Co, Philosophy.  i really don't watch much but buy online when i need something on my own schedule.  i may have the channel on as background as an escape from politics etc. i do watch Louis D, Barbara B and did watch Judith R.

bring back the originality of lines like Koos, the special designs of Isaac before he went to soid color t's and slacks and plain cardigans, that special find from the electronics show,  the 50 in 50 concept, etc.  these are the things that attract my eyes - the out of the ordinary.  house your essentials on line, there for the every day shopper.

i just turned on AMStyle - in 45 minutes i have seen pj's, another stab at Diamonique studs, and the Dooney TSV that was on all last night.  oh, and Beekmans.  not a grabber of a show -  just sayin'