Occasional Visitor

Re: Is QVC main channel no longer 24/7 live?

They’re likely saving money on the behind the scene production team eho are likely freelancers as well. Nothing worse than having a Groundhog Day moment all night long. Can’t they at least out reruns of QVC2 on during those hours. No one gets that channel.
Valued Contributor

Never cared for HSN, and when i noticed they weren't doing live shows - i thought 'figures'.  Now the Q is doing it.  Are they turning into HSN. 

Super Contributor

If I only had a Keurig I could have stayed up all night and watched!

Trusted Contributor

If I want  to watch reruns, I will watch regular TV.  I still cannot imagine reruns on a home shopping channel.  How desperate are they?  We can see the vacuums and mattresses one million more times!

I hope at the end of the 4 week trial QVC will see customers still shop at night. Different time zones and some people perhaps working, retired, can't sleep do watch the late night/overnight programing and do buy products. Taking it off and showing continued repeats of the TSV show at midnight est makes you just shut it off or switch to other programming. QVC not sure if you are trying this because HSN does it but don't follow suit please. Even during Christmas showing when you are closed there are different shows being presented not the same hour show and they are recorded with different shows. I am hoping the regular live programming will come back or at least extend live programming until 3am est so there is only a 4 hour recorded showing from 3-7am. Thanks for listening.
Occasional Contributor

For a channel that proudly claims to listen to the people, they must have their noise canceling headphones on.  I cannot imagine that the majority is content with the constant, and dare I say borderline irritating recantation of the midnight hour.  

David Venable just stated a week ago that people have their channel on in the background.  But we don’t want to see....or hear the same item(s) over and over and over again.  Groundhog Day much, QVC?  

Get rid of the multiple channels......including HSN 2.  The utter ridiculousness of repeat performances is grating on a lot of people’s nerves. 

But....that said, I will no longer watch your channel.  I will watch or do something else.  And save $$$$. So thank you QVC?  

Valued Contributor

@Stormfur wrote:

For a channel that proudly claims to listen to the people, they must have their noise canceling headphones on.  I cannot imagine that the majority is content with the constant, and dare I say borderline irritating recantation of the midnight hour.  

David Venable just stated a week ago that people have their channel on in the background.  But we don’t want to see....or hear the same item(s) over and over and over again.  Groundhog Day much, QVC?  

Get rid of the multiple channels......including HSN 2.  The utter ridiculousness of repeat performances is grating on a lot of people’s nerves. 

But....that said, I will no longer watch your channel.  I will watch or do something else.  And save $$$$. So thank you QVC?  

@Stormfur  The good news is that if QVC decides to take feedback from the forums seriously, they can examine complaints like yours, and check your account to make sure you’re actually spending money during the overnight hours rather than just complaining because you don’t like reruns.

Valued Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@Stormfur wrote:

@Stormfur  The good news is that if QVC decides to take feedback from the forums seriously, they can examine complaints like yours, and check your account to make sure you’re actually spending money during the overnight hours rather than just complaining because you don’t like reruns.

@MaryLambWe get it, it doesn't bother you, and you are pro-EVERYTHING QVC related, you make snarky comment after comment on every thread related to this topic & others. So, the decision doesn't bother you, but it DOES bother some of us, which is obvious from post after post. How about instead of constantly posting on threads that obviously irk you, you pass on them in the future. Just a suggestion.

~ Hope in TN ~
Super Contributor

I have been a loyal QVC customer for 30 years. ENOUGH with all the reruns on the main channel. If you want to save money dump Q3 or Q2. Your TSV's are on too much as it is. I want live programming . And 2am to 7am is when I watch. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When the main channel is faltering in the overnight shift the solution is to have a rerun loop for hours? Get rid of the second and third channels and concentrate on improving the first channel. If viewers are so few at night I can't see how this strategy of TSV bombardment will attract more. 

The reason I started shopping here was a combination of unique items and fabulous prices. (I never really got the convenience factor as I'm capable of shopping and the shipping times are anything but convenient.) The onslaught of competition (and the ease of comparing prices between websites) has reduced the unique factor and for some reason the pricing edge they have in many categories is down to bundled items. I find most bundle deals to not be much of a deal. The problem for me is that I don't want sticky lip gloss that I'll just toss combined with the foundation I do want. Nor do I want 6 kitchen shears. It's a lower price for the bundle versus buying separatey, but half the stuff in most beauty bundles I wouldn't buy anyway, and I'm not tossing extra kitchen shears in a gift closet. Just offer a lower price on each item!