Trusted Contributor

Re: Is QVC main channel no longer 24/7 live?

Maybe the older hosts should run for the retirement hills, and the younger hosts should begin job networking.  Original hosts like Mary Beth were lucky to have worked at Q during all the heyday years. 

Valued Contributor

don't think hosts are allowed to post on blogs

Valued Contributor

do agree that ALL not just some of the hosts should start looking for other employment.  In my opinion, qvc is not a employer I would work for.  they got to big for their britches thinking they would buy out their competitor, HSN, yet in fact it backfired in their face.  Besides the hosts, how about the vendors who represent the merchandise?  Alot of clothing merchants air in the middle of the night, by cutting live programming, they are also cutting into the pockets of these vendors, hense less money coming in for their line of clothing.  How pathetic.  The worst part of it all, AS USUAL, NO COMMUNICATION FROM QVC TO THEIR LOYAL CUSTOMERS, NOTHING ON THE WEBSITE, IT WASN'T UNTIL SOMEONE STARTED A POST, AND A QVC EMPLOYEE CHIMED IN, IF THERE WERE NO POST, QVC WOULD REMAIN SILENT, AS THEY HAVE FOR COMPLAINTS OF POOR SHIPPING, PROCESSING CUSTOMER SERVICE, ETC ETC FOR THE PAST 9 MONTHS.  BTW, THEIR EXCUSE OF BUILDING A STATE OF THE ART WAREHOUSE THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO OPEN AND DIDN'T,  NO NEWS ABOUT THAT OTHER THAN ALL THE FACTS OF QVC I MENTIONED HAVE GOTTEN WORSE.  POOR COMMUNICATION TO CUSTOMER SERVICE AS THEY NEVER AN AN EXPLANATION OF WHAT A BACK ORDER IS, OR ANYTHING ELSE.  PITIFUL.  

Super Contributor

Bad bad move.  It guarantees no viewing becasue who would ever want to watch the exact same program for hours.  If they don't want live programming in those hours then at least make it a block of jewery shows on Monday, Beuaty shows on Tuesday, Home on Wed, etc.....   Make it something other than pure repeat.

Honored Contributor

Maybe if they weren't spread so thin over 3 or however many chanels they have now, they wouldn't have to go to reruns.

They have thousands of products on their website that they don't even air on TV.  I'm guessing they'll be online only eventually.

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager  QVC will save money by not operating 24-hours a day live.  It takes many people, plus the cost of having the studio open and running (the cameras, lights, and other electronics use the same power at night they use during the day).  The dollar amount saved over a 30-day period could be significant enough to verify that this is a good cost cutting measure.  With regard to hosts, the less live programming they have the fewer hosts they will need. Chopping 8 hours off main channel is two host shifts. 

I do feel for those backstage and non on-air employees (some of whom are hourly workers) who have jobs because Studio Park is open overnight who won't for the next four weeks. 

Esteemed Contributor

Focusing on cost cutting is the sign of a company in financial trouble, as it's very easy to do.

Generating revenue is the challenge.  

Last one out of Studio Park, turn out the lights!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

It is not and I've been trying to post my dissatisfaction on nearly every post on this subject. I think QVC is a failing network as evidenced by the repetition of the same old products.

@AuntG 

Truer words have never been spoken....ITA!!!  And why spend money to broadcast live when they only show the same ole same ole.....just record a show and rebroadcast it over and over and over....basically the same thing we are seeing now.....I bet few will even notice the difference.....(Just in case some don't get it--I'm being sarcastic, recorded programming is a bad idea...why dont they just dump Q2 and Q3....which isnt working for them....they'd save money there).....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tropics21 wrote:

do agree that ALL not just some of the hosts should start looking for other employment.  In my opinion, qvc is not a employer I would work for.  they got to big for their britches thinking they would buy out their competitor, HSN, yet in fact it backfired in their face.  Besides the hosts, how about the vendors who represent the merchandise?  Alot of clothing merchants air in the middle of the night, by cutting live programming, they are also cutting into the pockets of these vendors, hense less money coming in for their line of clothing.  How pathetic.  The worst part of it all, AS USUAL, NO COMMUNICATION FROM QVC TO THEIR LOYAL CUSTOMERS, NOTHING ON THE WEBSITE, IT WASN'T UNTIL SOMEONE STARTED A POST, AND A QVC EMPLOYEE CHIMED IN, IF THERE WERE NO POST, QVC WOULD REMAIN SILENT, AS THEY HAVE FOR COMPLAINTS OF POOR SHIPPING, PROCESSING CUSTOMER SERVICE, ETC ETC FOR THE PAST 9 MONTHS.  BTW, THEIR EXCUSE OF BUILDING A STATE OF THE ART WAREHOUSE THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO OPEN AND DIDN'T,  NO NEWS ABOUT THAT OTHER THAN ALL THE FACTS OF QVC I MENTIONED HAVE GOTTEN WORSE.  POOR COMMUNICATION TO CUSTOMER SERVICE AS THEY NEVER AN AN EXPLANATION OF WHAT A BACK ORDER IS, OR ANYTHING ELSE.  PITIFUL.  

@tropics21 

Read an interview awhile back....parent company LibertyInteractive actually thought they could compete with Amazon by buying all of HSN (they previously owned 38%).LOL...but HSN with their history of declining sales just created another obstacle for them to overcome......

The demise of JCP began when they hired a hot shot from Apple ....who didn't listen to customers, changed things, and even did away with some things customers actually liked....although they fired that CEO, the struggle continues to even bring them back to where they were before they hired him....These Forums give QVC a heads up on what customers think and they'd be wise to use this feedback....otherwise I think they will go down a similar path....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

Yikes - I totally agree with all the posts on this subject!!  I use Josie's products - like them a llot, BUT please- same old, over and over and over again is RIDICULOUS! QVC is loosing its MOJO!  Thought the same about "ENCORE" "Previously Recorded" stuff! It stinks!  Get with it QVC and get creative - old stuff, old lady clothes, etc.  Get out there and find new!!