Honored Contributor

Re: Is QVC giving a portion of each sale to help the hurricane effort?

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden No Pat did not say a portion of each sale would go toward a relief fund to help the hurricane effort.  Each host has been saying what Pat said at the start of each presentation since yesterday morning.  QVC's homepage had a banner up all yesterday with the link to the Red Cross.

Each person can donate appropriately to the relief fund they choose.  QVC wants to keep Texas in the hearts and minds of its viewers, and making it a little easier to find a place to donate.  That's their effort, and that's good.

yes.....  like easy pays....

@SeaMaiden I'm afraid I don't understand your comment at all -- "yes.....  like easy pays...."

??

@Caaareful Shopper QVC never really gives much.... they offer easy pays and act  like they are special when they are really giving the consumer nothing at all.

@SeaMaiden,

The fact is none of us know exactly what kind of charitable work or donations QVC does behind the scenes. To speculate is a rather low thing to do in the midst of tragedy.

@SeaMaiden

Comparing QVC's charitable contributions to 'sales incentives' (or lack of) to their customers is comparing apples to oranges.

2 entirely different things.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden No Pat did not say a portion of each sale would go toward a relief fund to help the hurricane effort.  Each host has been saying what Pat said at the start of each presentation since yesterday morning.  QVC's homepage had a banner up all yesterday with the link to the Red Cross.

Each person can donate appropriately to the relief fund they choose.  QVC wants to keep Texas in the hearts and minds of its viewers, and making it a little easier to find a place to donate.  That's their effort, and that's good.

@SeaMaiden I'm afraid I don't understand your comment at all -- "yes.....  like easy pays...."

??

@Caaareful Shopper QVC never really gives much.... they offer easy pays and act  like they are special when they are really giving the consumer nothing at all.

@SeaMaiden,

The fact is none of us know exactly what kind of charitable work or donations QVC does behind the scenes. To speculate is a rather low thing to do in the midst of tragedy.

@Ms tyrion2- My thoughts exactly.  Using a terrible tragedy to get in a dig at QVC is pretty low.

I made my own donation last night directly through the Red Cross.  If everyone did the same, it would be much more helpful than trying to score points against QVC.

As you said, none of us know what they do behind the scenes.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by this awful natural disaster.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

??

And this relates to Hurricane Harvey charitable giving how???????

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I'm may very well be mistaken, but I *think* they did a portion of some sales after Oklahoma City.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Local churches and Food Donation Centers in and around the areas will be in need for anyone who would prefer to donate to them.  Our area churches helped almost as much as Red Cross. 

Not to mention the SPCA and various other animal welfare organizations who are on the ground in the areas hit saving the lives of so many - searching, feeding, housing. No govt help for these organizations. I donated to Best Friends during their Katrina rescue efforts. The stories, videos and photos were heartbreaking.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

They should just donate  period,a lot of money ,and all the big companies also.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Whenever there is a very large natural disaster, whether in the US or somewhere else in the world, it's like there's a public competition via the media to donate first, most, etc. If a large corporation doesn't avow that they're donating Big Bucks, they start to slip in the Worthy Company stakes. I'm sure that many of the top companies donate huge sums to get their name out there precisely for donating huge sums, and of course for tax write-offs. I don't believe that most large companies are that altruistic out of the goodness of their hearts.

So, it doesn't bother me when a company says or does nothing. For all anyone knows, any given CEO could be quietly donating in their own name and not saying a word about it. Or not donating. Either way, they're not bragging about it, and I respect that more than companies who do it for publicity and show.

Honored Contributor

QVC is not obligated but I would that they give their own donation.  They may announce that you can donate give out that information.  Donations especially need to come with people that are wealthy.  With all the athletics with large paychecks, actors, billionaires throughout the country, they can dig into their deep pockets.  I feel so sorry for all those people affected by this Hurricane especially the ladies in the nursing home in waist high water.  I wanted to cry.  

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Why should QVCs donation, if any, be tied to sales?  

Would you have them donate from this week's sales? Next month's sales? How about a percentage of the best sales week out of the last 52? 

Look at how many posters brag here about how they seldom or never buy anything through QVC. Maybe we should encourage them to make a few purchases just so Q's donation can be larger.

People who want to make a donation should do so without worrying about if/how/ much any one else donates.

Honored Contributor

"Best Friends’ disaster response team is deploying to Texas to rescue stranded animals, deliver supplies to hard-hit shelters, transport displaced shelter pets and support emergency sheltering efforts.

"Best Friends volunteers, especially those with animal-handling experience, will be notified in the coming days of specific needs and how to support our work or that of our partners as soon as the situation on the ground warrants.

"Best Friends staffers John Garcia and Meg Burke are a certified Type 1 rescue team, which means that they are qualified to accompany human search and rescue teams in order to handle the associated animal situations that arise. They are qualified in swift-water, flat-water, high-angle and trench rescue and they will also engage in direct ASAR (animal search and rescue) work. John and Meg are deploying with Code-3 Associates out of Longmont, Colorado, a professional animal disaster rescue and response organization with 32 years of experience in disaster response and specialized training. Together they will constitute the most highly qualified and best-equipped animal rescue strike force in Hurricane Harvey’s impact area.

"In addition to John and Meg, a team of Best Friends staff led by Marc Peralta and Tawny Hammond will arrive in Texas starting tomorrow to begin delivering emergency supplies, and transporting animals.

"We know from prior experience, especially from our work in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, that it will take days and perhaps weeks to be able to fully assess the extent of the physical damage and the scope of the impact on the animals caught in this devastating situation.

"Best Friends has opened our disaster response reserve fund to help in these efforts. If you want to support Best Friends’ emergency response to Hurricane Harvey, we encourage you to contribute to it now. All donations contributed to our disaster reserve fund will be used exclusively for this or future emergency responses.

"Please keep our team and all those affected by this tragedy in your thoughts and keep up with our latest reports on Best Friends’ Facebook page."

bestfriends dot org