Honored Contributor

Re: Is QVC giving a portion of each sale to help the hurricane effort?

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden No Pat did not say a portion of each sale would go toward a relief fund to help the hurricane effort.  Each host has been saying what Pat said at the start of each presentation since yesterday morning.  QVC's homepage had a banner up all yesterday with the link to the Red Cross.

Each person can donate appropriately to the relief fund they choose.  QVC wants to keep Texas in the hearts and minds of its viewers, and making it a little easier to find a place to donate.  That's their effort, and that's good.

yes.....  like easy pays....

@SeaMaiden I'm afraid I don't understand your comment at all -- "yes.....  like easy pays...."

??

@Caaareful Shopper QVC never really gives much.... they offer easy pays and act  like they are special when they are really giving the consumer nothing at all.

Valued Contributor

After Katrina hit, someone designed a special pin that QVC sold where part of the money went towards some organization that helped out. I don't remember who the designer was now. It might have been Kenneth Jay Lane. 

Honored Contributor

If you can help support the Red Cross and Hurricane Harvey relief efforts, that's great, if not, keep them all in your thoughts and prayers!

Trusted Contributor

QVC did present a ribbon/enamel pin years ago where part of the $$$ went to the Red Cross following Hurricane Katrina. I still have my blue enamel pin. (QVC also did a ribbon pin following 9/11, I have that pin too )

See QVC's description below:

Hurricane Katrina was one of the most powerful storms in US history. In order to raise money for the millions of people that were subject to the widespread destruction and devastation, QVC has created this pin, designed as a replica awareness ribbon. For every pin sold, $8 will be donated to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund for Hurricanes 2005.

The blue enamel piece is a perfect way to show your support and help the relief effort. A symbolic white flower adorns the center to represent the southern states affected by the tragedy. It is a combination of the magnolia, the state flower of Louisiana and Mississippi, and Alabama's state flower, the camellia. The small crescent in the center of the flower represents "The Crescent City" of New Orleans. The back is finished in silvertone and engraved with the words "Hope", "Help", and "Heal". Secures with a tack pin and clip.

Measures approximately 1-1/4"L x 1/2"W.

Made in USA.

Respected Contributor

I don't think they would donate a portion of each sale.

People are free to make their own donations to the Red Cross.  They just provided the link.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I am sure many of their customers are from that large area affected.... it just seems like the thing to do.

But where does it stop, the telling a business which charities to support and when?

Q does a lot of charitable events already, and it is up to them to choose which causes they support.

Then it is up to customers to decide which businesses to support based on those that meet their values.

Honored Contributor

Local churches and Food Donation Centers in and around the areas will be in need for anyone who would prefer to donate to them.  Our area churches helped almost as much as Red Cross. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Preds wrote:

Local churches and Food Donation Centers in and around the areas will be in need for anyone who would prefer to donate to them.  Our area churches helped almost as much as Red Cross. 

agree,

after Sandy  local churchs and just people set up "kitchen and tents" to aid in the neighborhood without benefit of the Red Cross, it was people organizing together.  

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden No Pat did not say a portion of each sale would go toward a relief fund to help the hurricane effort.  Each host has been saying what Pat said at the start of each presentation since yesterday morning.  QVC's homepage had a banner up all yesterday with the link to the Red Cross.

Each person can donate appropriately to the relief fund they choose.  QVC wants to keep Texas in the hearts and minds of its viewers, and making it a little easier to find a place to donate.  That's their effort, and that's good.

yes.....  like easy pays....

@SeaMaiden I'm afraid I don't understand your comment at all -- "yes.....  like easy pays...."

??

@Caaareful Shopper QVC never really gives much.... they offer easy pays and act  like they are special when they are really giving the consumer nothing at all.

@SeaMaiden,

The fact is none of us know exactly what kind of charitable work or donations QVC does behind the scenes. To speculate is a rather low thing to do in the midst of tragedy.

Honored Contributor

I'm much more concerned about what I choose to donate, rather than be concerned about what QVC gives or does not give.  Their choice is theirs.  I don't have any idea what QVC does in the way of chartiable donations....as it should be, IMHO.