Honored Contributor

Re: Is QVC customer service not available at all?

@stevieb wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I would also note that in my experience, on-line 'chats' and those totally ridiculous 'virtual agents' are an utter and complete waste of time... I get it that the virtual agents are a cheap way for companies to pretend they're actually offering service, but theyre fully worthless... As far as on-line chat, I'd rather see them simply deploy the added body to answer phones... Most issues are resolved more expeditiously by a phone call than by all the time it takes to type responses back and forth and more times than not the matter isn't resolved and you have to end up talking to someone anyway... 

I totally disagree.  I have had great success with online chat at QVC, HSN, and various others companies.  Today I got in the waitlist and was able to go do other things until my turn came and I told them they sent me the wrong product and I didn't want to pay the return label fee and he said don't worry, I am issuing your refund and you don't need to send back the mistaken item.  Can't really get any easier than that.  Phone is just not my jam, and most people I know feel the same way.  I've never had to follow up on the phone after an on line chat session.

You've been fortunate... 

While I've occasionally had some luck with them, overall, I find they take longer than would a simple phone conversation... Phone calls are not necessarily my 'jam' either, but I like to get in and out, conduct business and be done with it, and not sit keying in responses on a keyboard and waiting several minutes, at least, for a reply...

Shoekitty said:  I am the same way, I am not one for chats or emailing.  I like to get in and then out.  Phone call usually is quicker.

all I can say is Amazon is the worst, they take no calls at all  at least with my experience. Then the chat , eye roll here, to do a simple question and check ....took 42 minutes.  It was 3- 4 mins between my response before they answered.  Ten they repeat everything I say, wasting a whole 4 minutes.  Then they  got it totally wrong, and am back to square one.  I think at this point I am going to call credit card company and go that route.  I am seriously rethinking shopping with amazon.  It's so hard though

New Contributor

I have also spent hours waiting on the phone to talk to customer service without any success.  I have also sent an email and haven't received a response after a week of waiting.  I think QVC should shut down sales until they can adequately manage customer service calls.  I'm canceling all future orders!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoekitty wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I would also note that in my experience, on-line 'chats' and those totally ridiculous 'virtual agents' are an utter and complete waste of time... I get it that the virtual agents are a cheap way for companies to pretend they're actually offering service, but theyre fully worthless... As far as on-line chat, I'd rather see them simply deploy the added body to answer phones... Most issues are resolved more expeditiously by a phone call than by all the time it takes to type responses back and forth and more times than not the matter isn't resolved and you have to end up talking to someone anyway... 

I totally disagree.  I have had great success with online chat at QVC, HSN, and various others companies.  Today I got in the waitlist and was able to go do other things until my turn came and I told them they sent me the wrong product and I didn't want to pay the return label fee and he said don't worry, I am issuing your refund and you don't need to send back the mistaken item.  Can't really get any easier than that.  Phone is just not my jam, and most people I know feel the same way.  I've never had to follow up on the phone after an on line chat session.

You've been fortunate... 

While I've occasionally had some luck with them, overall, I find they take longer than would a simple phone conversation... Phone calls are not necessarily my 'jam' either, but I like to get in and out, conduct business and be done with it, and not sit keying in responses on a keyboard and waiting several minutes, at least, for a reply...

Shoekitty said:  I am the same way, I am not one for chats or emailing.  I like to get in and then out.  Phone call usually is quicker.

all I can say is Amazon is the worst, they take no calls at all  at least with my experience. Then the chat , eye roll here, to do a simple question and check ....took 42 minutes.  It was 3- 4 mins between my response before they answered.  Ten they repeat everything I say, wasting a whole 4 minutes.  Then they  got it totally wrong, and am back to square one.  I think at this point I am going to call credit card company and go that route.  I am seriously rethinking shopping with amazon.  It's so hard though

@shoekitty  And then there's the rote company mandated verbiage they just HAVE to type out... Waste of time... You tell them in the first message why you're calling and then they invariaby ask you again 'how can I help you today'... Last time I 'chatted' with Cox Cable, all the representative was trying to do toward the end was sell me a new service, not address my issue... When I expressed concern about it, she closed out before I did so I couldn't save the chat... I don't mind email because you send it, you close out you wait for a reply, but I don't want to sit at the keyboard having a type-written chat that takes longer than is necessary to resolve an issue... I've also had it happen too many times that it wasn't within the chat representative's purview to address the matter at hand so I had to call and sit on hold anyway... No... Just no... Totally a last resort for me...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
The Live Chats generally (I've never used Q's) are juggling more than one customer at a time. So it takes a long time back and forth once you even get one. And I've found some to lose their train of thought for my issue while juggling another customer. I won't use Live Chats any more.

I've never had any luck with QVC's Live Chats (and this goes back awhile, not just recently).  I tried to place an order once, for a gift I was sending to my son.  I couldn't make the rep understand that I wanted it to go to his address, not mine.  It was frustrating, and a complete waste of time.  It shouldn't have been complicated, but it ended up being exactly that.  I've also been given wrong info on Live Chat.

I agree with you about the long time back and forth once you even get a rep.  Definitely not my preferred way of communicating.  (And with my most recent issue, I couldn't get thru to them, anyway.)

Trusted Contributor

No,  I don't think there is any special number to call and be prepared for an exceptionally long wait when you do finally get through. They must have sent most of their crew home and only operating with a few. I waited after finally getting through for 2 1/2 hrs to talk to a rep and I wouldn't have except to solve my problem I needed a real live person. If you can go to the stores and get help think it is time for QVC to get their customer service up and running again.

Esteemed Contributor

It seems as if most people are calling  during the day. I called last night after 9:15 and the hold was only about 11 minutes. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

It seems as if most people are calling  during the day. I called last night after 9:15 and the hold was only about 11 minutes. 

I wouldn't assume that posters here have only tried calling during the day. I've seen many posts (on other threads about this) that indicated trying at all times of day.  That's what I did too - I  tried at all times of day over a period of several days.  Early morning, mid-day, night.  It made no difference.  Hours and hours on the phone, and I never was able to speak to anyone.