Honored Contributor

Re: Is QVC customer service not available at all?

[ Edited ]

@NYC Susan wrote:

@JesssMe wrote:

QVC customer service is not what it used to be.  I waited online for 45 minutes today, to ask why the HELLO 10 promo code would not work.  The person I talked to, Randy, was very rude.  The promo has ended, even though I just got it a few days ago when I placed an order.  He ( or she ?) said the promo can change or end at any time.  Horrible customer service.

I've spoken to a few rude, abrupt reps recently too.  And that was after waiting on hold for literally hours.  This is not the way to make customers feel valued.

I think it's great the social team is responsive and helpful.  They helped me out not too long ago.  But that doesn't take away from the fact that regular CS (which is what most customers use) is absolutely awful right now, and pretty close to being non-existent.  There are so few reps available and the wait times are outrageous, so of course customers become frustrated.  Good CS is really important, and they have completely dropped the ball.   They should look at their competition - many, many other businesses who are offering at least decent (and in many cases excellent) CS right now.  

There might be a few, but I've found not many and almost all of them are using the pandemic situation as an excuse. My only hope is that they'll not decide they can 'get by' offering completely sub-par customer service indefinitely and we'll just have to get used to it... Thus far, I'vve had dreadful experiences with Macy's, Cox Cable, and a not so wonderful experience with Capitol One bank... My problems with Macy's has not been resolved and will not get resolved, since they refuse to answer the phone nor are they answering emails. An absolute and utter fiasco and, of course, what that means is I won't be shopping with them... Cox hold times are prohibitive and I'm sorry, but there's no reason for it... If you don't want to staff your offices, then buy cheap cell phones, give them to your agents and have them work from home, but the answer is not to leave customers holding the bag... The same could be said for Capitol One, though I did, at least, finally get through to someone there after a too long, but not excessive wait... I will say that while there might be one,  I can't think of an order or return issue that would have me sit on hold for four hours to get through to QVC... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I would also note that in my experience, on-line 'chats' and those totally ridiculous 'virtual agents' are an utter and complete waste of time... I get it that the virtual agents are a cheap way for companies to pretend they're actually offering service, but theyre fully worthless... As far as on-line chat, I'd rather see them simply deploy the added body to answer phones... Most issues are resolved more expeditiously by a phone call than by all the time it takes to type responses back and forth and more times than not the matter isn't resolved and you have to end up talking to someone anyway... 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I would also note that in my experience, on-line 'chats' and those totally ridiculous 'virtual agents' are an utter and complete waste of time... I get it that the virtual agents are a cheap way for companies to pretend they're actually offering service, but theyre fully worthless... As far as on-line chat, I'd rather see them simply deploy the added body to answer phones... Most issues are resolved more expeditiously by a phone call than by all the time it takes to type responses back and forth and more times than not the matter isn't resolved and you have to end up talking to someone anyway... 

I totally disagree.  I have had great success with online chat at QVC, HSN, and various others companies.  Today I got in the waitlist and was able to go do other things until my turn came and I told them they sent me the wrong product and I didn't want to pay the return label fee and he said don't worry, I am issuing your refund and you don't need to send back the mistaken item.  Can't really get any easier than that.  Phone is just not my jam, and most people I know feel the same way.  I've never had to follow up on the phone after an on line chat session.

Honored Contributor

The Live Chats generally (I've never used Q's) are juggling more than one customer at a time. So it takes a long time back and forth once you even get one. And I've found some to lose their train of thought for my issue while juggling another customer. I won't use Live Chats any more.
Honored Contributor

Thanks for help.  I mailed QVC social team later yesterday, and I heard back last night,  I am in California so I wasn't expecting to hear from them until this morning,  all problems resolved.   My refund was attended too.  AND that package I have been waiting for I don't know the issue, but they are mailing another out ASAP..  I am just a little nervous because I had ordered the emerald ring, and they are not in stock.  But who knows the magic they can work.  
thanks Barbara and Melvin

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I totally disagree.  I have had great success with online chat at QVC, HSN, and various others companies.  Today I got in the waitlist and was able to go do other things until my turn came and I told them they sent me the wrong product and I didn't want to pay the return label fee and he said don't worry, I am issuing your refund and you don't need to send back the mistaken item.  Can't really get any easier than that.  Phone is just not my jam, and most people I know feel the same way.  I've never had to follow up on the phone after an on line chat session.

You've been fortunate... 

While I've occasionally had some luck with them, overall, I find they take longer than would a simple phone conversation... Phone calls are not necessarily my 'jam' either, but I like to get in and out, conduct business and be done with it, and not sit keying in responses on a keyboard and waiting several minutes, at least, for a reply...

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
The Live Chats generally (I've never used Q's) are juggling more than one customer at a time. So it takes a long time back and forth once you even get one. And I've found some to lose their train of thought for my issue while juggling another customer. I won't use Live Chats any more.

Exactly...

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  Agree. I think that's one reason business use chats... because they can stretch one agent several different ways and hence, none of the customers are really receiving full attention... I've had them work well in the distant past, but more recently, not so much and I've only tried to use them when all other means of more effective communication have failed...

Trusted Contributor

I had the same type of a positive experience as you did with the Q's Live Chat service, @Grouchomarx .

I had to wait a bit, but the rep. who helped me was very helpful and very nice and was able to send a replacement for me, for a damaged product that I didn't have to return. 

It was a very pleasant and a very positive experience.

I also prefer to use the phone with most businesses where I can speak to someone, but if the phone lines are too busy, I'll use Live Chat as the other option.

I'll also use the company's e-mail feature, as well.

Esteemed Contributor

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

@SusieQ_2 Seriously, I have always preferred just calling c/s. Qvc definitely needs to step up their game and just think of all the customers that never visit the community forums.  The qvc c/s telephone number has always been their go to for assistance as well as mine for years and years.  So, being told to go a different route because Qvc in their infinite wisdom no longer has enough employees just doesn't work for me.   

@germanshepherdlove 

In that case your problem is solved. If the policies don't work for you, you know what (not) to do. 

Not shopping at QVC means never having to call customer service.

Not as romantic as the Love Story quote but more apropos. Smiley Happy