Trusted Contributor

Is Pepperidge Farm Bread Available in Your Area?

Our local supermarkets carry the Pepperidge Farm brand of bread.  They have recently come out with a line called "Farmhouse".  They have a wide variety of Farmhouse breads and I just discovered a new one this week.  It is called "Lemon Poppy" and it is WONDERFUL toasted.

Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Lemon Poppy Breakfast Bread, 16 oz. Bag

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

Re: Is Pepperidge Farm Bread Available in Your Area?

@wismiss 

I just noticed this bread as I was looking for the Pepperidge Farm Thin Sliced bread.  I also got a coupon for $1.00 off any of the Farmhouse breads when checking out at Kroger.  Those little machines that give coupons with the receipts.  

Thank you for mentioning that this flavor is good.  I may just give it a try next shopping trip!  We love lemon flavor anything.🍋

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Wowee zowwee!  That looks great.  Thanks for posting.   However, I"m hoping it's poppy flavoring and not poppy seeds but I'm sure it'll sell a lot.

Honored Contributor

Will look for it. Generally I get cinnamon swirl bread but this would be a nice change of pace.

Honored Contributor

@wismiss -

I'm so glad you mentioned this because I had forgotten all about Pepperidge Farm bread!

Our mother used to get it and I remember it has such a nice slightly sweet and distinctive taste.

And Lemon Poppy-Yum!!

I will hope I can order it next time I get groceries online (which takes me forever-decisions decisions lol!)

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I buy it faithfully....every week.  I get the white bread, etc.  They have a wide variety.  It's my favorite type of bread.  I noticed the lemon poppy the other week, but I haven't tried it.  I will for sure though.  I thought for a second when I read the post, that it was getting scarce!  But thanks for the heads up.  

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the heads-up.  I like lemon poppy muffins, so I'll have to try this bread from PF.

Honored Contributor

Our store does have a number of Pepperidge Farm breads, but I haven't checked them out lately, @wismiss .   Will be sure to see if they carry this yummy-sounding "Lemon Poppy",  thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank goodness for Pepperidge Farm!  I grew up in New England and we always had top sliced hot dog rolls.  Just couldn't find them in my area supermarkets until about a year ago, they only carried side sliced rolls.  In New England we have lobster rolls, clam rolls and hotdogs where the bread is toasted on both sides and filled.  Maybe it's a regional thing.

Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

Thank goodness for Pepperidge Farm!  I grew up in New England and we always had top sliced hot dog rolls.  Just couldn't find them in my area supermarkets until about a year ago, they only carried side sliced rolls.  In New England we have lobster rolls, clam rolls and hotdogs where the bread is toasted on both sides and filled.  Maybe it's a regional thing.

@Biftu  I always buy the top sliced hot dog rolls. They stay together so much better than the side sliced. Nothing better than a lobster roll!