Respected Contributor

Re: Is Pepperidge Farm Bread Available in Your Area?

@Love my grandkids  Oh, I love and miss Roman Meal bread in the telltale orangish-brown wrapper.  It was so fresh and good and good for you.  I used to be able to find it at Publix, Winn Dixie and Walmart.  Sigh..... 😞🍞

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

Can someone tell me what "top sliced" hot dog buns are - never heard of them or seen them?!?

I  will have to look for these flavored Pepperidge Farm breads, sounds good!

I also like Brownberry breads a lot - used to live near where they were mad.

Honored Contributor

Instead of being split in half sideways, a deep slit is cut into the top of the bun.  The bun remains intact, and condiments tend to stay in the bun better.

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter - so do they come that way or do you buy buns unsliced and slice them yourself that way?

I have to go buy some hot dogs now and try this out - why did I not know about this??

Thank you! 🌭

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

@deepwaterdotter - so do they come that way or do you buy buns unsliced and slice them yourself that way?

I have to go buy some hot dogs now and try this out - why did I not know about this??

Thank you! 🌭

They are sold pre-sliced.  You will find them much neater to eat than the side-sliced buns.

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

Thank you! 🌭

@HerRoyaLioness  If you google top sliced hot dog buns you can see,pictures.

Respected Contributor

Googled and found them!!!

It looks like such a better way to eat hot dogs or brats, I can't wait to try and find them in stores around here. 

You know the saying you learn something new everyday?  Well, this was my day, and it only took me 72 years.......

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

Can someone tell me what "top sliced" hot dog buns are - never heard of them or seen them?!?

I  will have to look for these flavored Pepperidge Farm breads, sounds good!

I also like Brownberry breads a lot - used to live near where they were mad.

@HerRoyaLioness   

Top sliced are known as New England style hot dog buns.   Growing up in NJ, I've always had a choice between side and top sliced buns.  I prefer the top sliced when using hot dog rolls. 

I  grew up with Pepperidge Farms brand items. Always a hit and delicious.   I recommend this brand! 

I hope you find what you are looking for.  Enjoy! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids - We are in So. Cal. andcan't find Roman Meal anywhere.  Years ago we could find it everywhere and even at the factory outlet bread stores.  It was our favorite.  Pepperidge Farm breads are expensive in the supermarkets here.

Esteemed Contributor

This looks wonderful! Thanks for the heads up....I'll be looking for this one when I go to my grocery store next week! Darn - I just went today but didn't need bread so I didn't pay any attention.