Respected Contributor

Re: Is Kathy Levine hosting on HSN or just the spokesperson

Oprah didnt purchase WW, she bought stock several years ago.  Last year she sold off most of it and made a bundle.  She's a spoesperson, trying to revamp its image to that of wellness instead of weight loss.  Lots of touchy feely thinking now.. I left, it was no longer a good fit for me. I didnt care for the new program, I need structure. LOL.  Its losing money and many of my meeting times have been shifted around to only a couple of days a week.  We are also a franchise in our area and dont get alot of the WW Corporation perks, and we were charged more for our monthly pass then corporate locations.  We are a bit rural, so no choice around here.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I recall after KL left Q she was interviewed about her weight struggles and met with a Dietition concerning weight control.  I recall she laughed about her big glasses of wine and to pay attention and not drink a tumbler full. Wine is my weakness also so I took note and think of that comment from time to time. She was genuine and funny.  I thought she looked fine. I recall her chemical peel for freckles when it was a relatively new thing.

I just do not want to have to get hooked on a packaged system not learning how to control on my own. Jenny Craig is another program where one has to use their food, I believe.

What ever works and many choices out there for programs and plans. She wanted to do a talk show after she left. Sold some fashions and jewelry and maybe just wants to  get involved again in selling?  She is after all "The Lady of Hawk" She is my age and I always wanted to meet her.

Esteemed Contributor

It was great seeing Kathy again and I thought she looked wonderful.  I would know that voice anywhere.  She is still better than 80% of the hosts on both HSN and the Q and when hosting she was a pleasure to watch.  

Respected Contributor

@meem120 

You are correct;  I understood that she purchased the company, but that's not the case.  She did make quite a profit.  I found this on CBS online:

"The deal is already paying off: Weight Watchers shares more than doubled after the partnership was announced, earning Winfrey more than $45 million on paper."

Honored Contributor

Oprah making literally millions of dollars off of people, commoners, US is disgusting. Like she needs mo money mo mooney.

Better food, balance in amounts of food - this THIS is what it's all about. We can do this on our own, no one needs millionaires, billionaires to tell us how to eat, what to eat, how much to eat.

Stay out of the grocery store aisles with all of those boxed easy processed 'foods'. These are not 'food' but ingredients we cannot even pronounce let alone know what they are. Stick to the aisles that offer fresh foods - greens, veggies, fruits, better dairy, eggs, organic yogurt, wholesome milk, chicken, fish, pork, turkey.  Leave out the glutens - breads, pastas, sweets, desserts, white processed sugars, candy. Drink water and leave the sugary sodas on the shelf.

Go for a walk, take the kids & dog. Stop sitting on the potato couch.

It's all about what you WANT to do for YOURSELF. Spend your hard earned money on better foods for yourself and stop lining the pockets of folks like OW & KL. They're all making money off of us, they're all feeling better but we still are not.