Trusted Contributor

Re: Is J LO Out Of Bounds

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

As you know J LO is dating A-Rod. On The Talk yesterday they were discussing J LO has said since A-Rod isn't working as much anymore he should cut back on his child support from $100,000 to $10,000. I don't think she should be saying anything since she isn't engaged or married to him. Having played baseball for probably around 20 years, he has made over $400 million, hardly a pauper! Also when he and his ex spilt, this sum of money was agreed upon by both parties. I think $100,000 is an exceedingly large sum of money, but cutting back to $10,000 would not allow the children to live in the manner they have been accustomed to.

@Jordan2

First, was a source named?   How woud the Talk ladies know if this was truth or a stupid rumor?

Secondly,  J Lo can have an opinion, but that doesn't mean her BF will seriously consider her input.

Thirdly, for those that say she doesn't know this family .... well, hey, you don't know JLo ....   and you have opinions about her .... LOL

There was a story in the NY Post or Daily News the other day. They spoke to his ex wife. She just sort om implied the Lopez was the problem. Basically they have been fine with the arrangements for years and it was never publicized but JLo rolled into court with him so it would seem that she's behind the change in tone. Probably true.

She should stay out of it. Even if she marries him she should stay out of it. And honestly I think all of these people should just stay single while they have kids that are school age. They don't need all the drama.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

This isn't any of J Los business.

Actually this not anyone here business either....

Well that hasn't stopped anyone yet. LOL

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

A Rod is worth hundreds of millions of dollars. JLo is worth a fortune too.I don’t feel bad for either one of them.

JLo should also mind her own business.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is J LO Out Of Bounds

[ Edited ]

I think this was reported by the ex-wife Cynthia to Page Six in the NY Post, so the story sounds pretty legit.

I knew A-Rod personally. I find this story believable. It also runs parallel to my own life with my ex and his wife. It did not end well for them.

I do not know what A-Rod earns today. Perhaps revisiting child and spousal support needs to be considered. To suggest that it be reduced it by 90% is absurd- just throwing gas on a fire. Is he not able to "keep up" in lifestyle with JLo?

JLo needs to stop throwing her weight around. This is none of her business. She does not have to like the ex or even the kids. They are absolutely none of her business. She is welcome to complain to him if it makes her feel better, but to show up at the lawyer's office and send him out?! Just nuts.

Esteemed Contributor

as my friend always says.....you can't fix stupid.....

Trusted Contributor

I doubt his kids are going to starve no matter what he pays for child support.

Trusted Contributor

Regardless of someone's wealth $100k per month for child support is too much and J.Lo is just watching out for her man.  They might not be married but do have an extremely close romantic relationship.  I'm sure the ex does find it annoying.  How much of that $100k per month does she use for her personal purchases?  I'm sure a huge portion.  

Respected Contributor

So if he suggested her ex paid too much , she'd be okay with that?

She needs to pick her battles

Super Contributor

I am not really a fan or JL or of The Talk but if I had to wager I would say that JL is too savvy to be making remarks about this publicly.  The Talk and their breathren in the print media are driven by gossip-mongering and their pretenses to serious discussion are kind usually laughable.  For all I know the children's mom is being misquoted/misrepresented.  Squicky or not, their dad's petition warrants consideration by the court.

Honored Contributor

I thought that was standard protocol.

The spouse who is paying child support..if their salary changes

(more/less), the payments would be adjusted accordingly.  

As for bringing Jennifer into the mix...I bet it’s just gossip.

And all this child support talk might BE her business if they

are looking to get married in the future.

649DFF65-1951-4CB2-BE45-76217521ED1B.jpeg