Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is Everyone able to Find TP?

[ Edited ]

I wish I had taken a photo.

I’m very lucky where I live - Chicago, and also taking weekly trips to both the north and south suburbs. I’ve seen toilet paper off and on for the last two weeks; so much so that I’m no longer worried. But, I was shocked today.

Prices at the local Jewel in the southwest suburbs were obnoxious!! Unless someone put a price sign in the wrong place, they had one store brand 12 pack (?) for $17. They had several brands today - but all very expensive. $10, $12. I joke with my mother that, when you see something, you just buy it and don’t look at the price. But, this? One can wait. Maybe this is their way to stop hoarding??

(unrelated - last week, everyone was wearing a mask.  This week?  I guess people are sick of them because very few people were.)

Respected Contributor

Yes there are 2 Wal-Mart Neighborhood Markets nearby seems they have plenty.

Trusted Contributor

@GabbyAnn  I just received a bottle of hand sanitizer in the mail today I had purchased on Amazon. Added bonus, it's moisturizing and unscented. 👍 I wasn't being picky either when I ordered it, but just got lucky. You could give them a try. 🤷‍♀️

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

I have been seeing more paper towels available than TP. Maybe people aren't as picky with the brand of paper towels they use than the brand of TP they use. I am starting to see some stock, but if you don't go early in the AM, it will be gone. We will know when this is really over when the the store shelves are stocked like they used to be.

Stay well everyone!

Honored Contributor

@josie   Tried three different stores, including Costco, and none.  I just don't understand why this essential product is not in good supply.

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

On Costco's site, u could order Marathon Bath Tissue (6 very big rolls) for $21.99 + $3 shipping. This is a 2-day delivery item. If u order other 2-day delivery items totalling at least $75, they waive the $3 fee.

@kivah   No TP at costco in my area.

Valued Contributor

I ordered some from Costco a few weeks ago. It arrived yesterday. Actually when my husband was out shopping at the grocery yesterday he happened to see that they have some as well.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@kivah wrote:

On Costco's site, u could order Marathon Bath Tissue (6 very big rolls) for $21.99 + $3 shipping. This is a 2-day delivery item. If u order other 2-day delivery items totalling at least $75, they waive the $3 fee.

@kivah   No TP at costco in my area.

Did u check costco dot com????

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl   My son said the T P scarcity is due to people working at home and school being out. 
  Businesses, schools, stores use those huge rolls and they are made in different factories. 
  I have the metal shelves in my garage and fortunately keep well stocked due to hurricanes or snow. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, we have plenty; more than we need in fact.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.