Super Contributor

Re: Is Duck Dynasty Coming Back on TV Soon?

On 7/10/2014 dooBdoo said:

Hi, Qwackertoo! Good to see you.Smile Haven't seen you in a while.

I didn't notice anyone saying they don't have rights or that they shouldn't be tolerated. I'll read back to see if I missed it.Smile

If your comments were directed to me, I was referring in my example to a group of people who claim to be against the government handing out money but who are quite ready and willing to accept it themselves. Their "head of the family" also said things that were hateful. As I said, I don't care for them and don't support them. It's not up to each of us to decide this for anyone else. That's how I feel, but others might disagree.

Hi dooBdoo . . . not sure on this particular thread but the bashing of one family gets a little tired and old. Perhaps they feel on this particular issue, I don't know for a fact, that they probably pay plenty in taxes and they are getting "back" some of those dollars. I don't know. I take advantage of Roth, 401K, 529, UGTMA accounts etc. etc. but I wouldn't consider that in conflict with being "less government" and I don't consider myself anti-government. But dragging up pictures of them from 10+ years ago and declaring them "fake" is just a big ole bash fest for those that enjoy that sort of thing.

I don't like bashing. No matter the victim. Unless it is a crime . . . I won't defend criminals no matter what.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the response, Qwackertoo!Smile

Their state is particularly poor, and it would've been great for such a wealthy family to waive the subsidy. It ends up being advertising for their products, anyway. It had to be filmed where they lived, so the crew would've been there anyway. And one could argue about the spotlight directed on the state as a result of the show, whether negative or positive. But I understand it's complicated.

I like to hear a variety of views, and I don't think any of us will really change someone's mind. I don't like bashing (of celebrities, QVC hosts, other posters, anyone) and normally don't post on the threads about this show, just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

Thanks dooBdoo, I don't usually reply on these type threads either. I guess the very dated pictures and such caused me to reply this time . . .

Hope all is going well with you!

Occasional Contributor

I love them and admire them so for standing up for what they believe in.

Honored Contributor

On 7/10/2014 Qwackertoo said:

Thanks dooBdoo, I don't usually reply on these type threads either. I guess the very dated pictures and such caused me to reply this time . . .

Hope all is going well with you!

My thanks to you, too.Smile Doing okay, just the one-foot-in-front-of-the-other dance some days better then others. I hope all is well with you, too, sending you good vibes for a great summer!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Now terrier, what could your motive possibly be to start a thread about a TV show that you wouldn't be caught dead watching? LOL (wink, wink)
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/10/2014 dooBdoo said:

Thanks for the response, Qwackertoo!Smile

Their state is particularly poor, and it would've been great for such a wealthy family to waive the subsidy. It ends up being advertising for their products, anyway. It had to be filmed where they lived, so the crew would've been there anyway. And one could argue about the spotlight directed on the state as a result of the show, whether negative or positive. But I understand it's complicated.

I like to hear a variety of views, and I don't think any of us will really change someone's mind. I don't like bashing (of celebrities, QVC hosts, other posters, anyone) and normally don't post on the threads about this show, just wanted to add my 2 cents.

I'm with you on this, dooBdoo.

Honored Contributor

On 7/10/2014 Topaz Gem said: Now terrier, what could your motive possibly be to start a thread about a TV show that you wouldn't be caught dead watching? LOL (wink, wink)

When I sold advertising in the show I had to watch it to know what I was selling.

The popularity of the show never recovered from the Phil dust up.

It used to attract a lot of 18-34 year olds (according to Nielsen). Not anymore - now the show is more 45+.

Respected Contributor

On 7/10/2014 Topaz Gem said: Now terrier, what could your motive possibly be to start a thread about a TV show that you wouldn't be caught dead watching? LOL (wink, wink)

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Valued Contributor

Good Call book by Jase Robertson is a wonderful book.